CH 3

Jesper texted Allison back right after the game.  He hated to admit it, but it was the first thing he did when he walked into the locker room. He checked to see if she texted him and when he saw she did, he was happier (somehow even though they just won against the panthers).

...

UNKNOWN NUMBER 

that was a good goal

would it be too cheesy
if I said it was for you?

I mean... it's cute

...

Jesper grinned at her response. Nico definitely gave him a look for smiling at his phone. He placed his phone in his pocket before walking around the room and talking to different players about their game. Then he left.

Jesper didn't have anything to do when he got home besides go to sleep, but he wasn't tired. He scrolled around on his phone before a thought finally came to him.

What's her name?

Jesper quickly navigated to his messages and clicked on the unknown number. It was late, so she wouldn't be awake. But, maybe waking up to his message wouldn't be a bad thing.

...

UNKNOWN NUMBER

since you know all about
me, what's your name?

...

But what Jesper didn't expect was her reading his message a minute or so after he sent it. Clearly, he didn't know if she was going to respond right away, but a part of him hoped she would.

Allison didn't expect a message from Jesper at... way too late at night. Actually, she didn't expect him to text her ever. Still, he asked for her name.

...

JESPER BRATT

since you know all about
me, what's your name?

well, I don't know all about
you.

okay, fair.

My name's Allison Taylor.

That's a pretty name.

Thank you!

Jesper Bratt changed your name to
Allison Taylor!

So, how was the game?

It was fun. I kinda expected
to lose but Daws clutched

You a fan of him?

His biggest actually. I have his
Devils jersey, Utica Comets
jersey, Guelph Storm jersey,
and Team Canada jersey.

You really are his biggest fan.
I'll have to tell him about you.

That'd be so scary. Daws knowing
about ME? insane.

So, do you live in Florida?

No I just had tickets for the
game. From myself to myself
for Christmas.

That's a good gift.

I know right?
I actually live in Jersey.

...

Jesper had a smile adorning his face as he closed his eyes unwillingly, sleep overtaking him before he could respond.

Allison didn't wait for him to respond, but she really wanted him to. She liked talking to Jesper, especially about things she liked, like Nico's goaltending.

Allison looked to her wall where all her jerseys hung. She looked through the names. 4 Daws jerseys, 3 L. Hughes jerseys, and a Crosby. She could find a spot for a Bratt jersey.