CH 26

It's the day before the stadium game and Jesper convinced Allison to go to family skate with him. Well, he didn't have to convince her, she'd do anything for him. She didn't know how to skate, but Jesper promised to teach her so she didn't fall on camera.

Allison sat on a bench as Jesper knelt in front of her to tie her skates. She had to admit, this was one of the best moments she'd ever experienced with him. There was something about doing Jesper's thing with Jesper that made her heart flutter.

"Look at the way Tay looks at him." She heard someone talk behind them and she instantly knew who was talking about her. She looked back and saw Maddie, Jack's girlfriend, pointing over at her. She smiled at her best friend and waved at her and both girls turned back to their boyfriends. Jesper lifted himself from the ground and stuck out a hand for Allison to take.

"Ready to learn to skate?" Jesper asked. Allison gave him a nervous smile but nodded anyway. She took his hand and stood from the bench, letting Jesper lead them out to the rink. The moment the cold air hit Allison's skin she shivered. Jesper let his hand fall from hers and make its way around her waist to hold her closer. Jesper stepped onto the ice first, then he turned around to grab both of Allison's hands to keep her steady as she joined him on the ice.

"Oh my god, this is scary." Allison let out a breathy laugh as Jesper pulled her along the ice. She watched as he skated backwards and she didn't do anything. She suddenly felt jealous of his skill. She huffed as Jesper stopped skating, herself still moving until she fell lightly into him.

"Do you want to try or should I keep pulling you around?" Jesper asked, a smile forming on his face as he looked down at the younger girl in his arms. Allison grinned back at him before letting herself drift away from him so she could try to skate.

"Just push out to the side and then step when you can't push any farther without falling." Jesper stood next to her as she tried, and thankfully, she didn't fall after the first step... she fell after the second. Jesper tried to catch her, but he failed. He stood there for a second desperately trying not to laugh before he had to pull Allison back to her feet. Allison's cheeks were red from embarrassment as she looked back down at the ice.

"Let's try again. I'll hold you this time so you don't fall." Jesper said. He took Allison's hands as he placed himself in front of her before letting her skate. When she would push, he'd push too so he wasn't pulling her and she wasn't pushing him.

"This isn't so bad when I'm not falling down." Allison laughed as she skated slowly with Jesper in front of her. Eventually, Jesper let her go and skated beside her. Allison wasn't terrible, but the other girlfriends and wives were much better. Every chance Jesper got he'd tell her how amazing she was doing. He'd whisper in her ear that she was doing amazing or that she was a good skater. Every little comment made Allison's heart pound. She loved getting compliments from Jesper and clearly, he knew.

"How do you do this everyday? I legs hurt already." Allison complained with a smile on her face when Jesper's eyes landed on her. Jesper didn't verbally respond, instead, he quickly dipped down and swung an arm under Allison's legs, the other around her back as he picked her up. Allison let out a squeal, making multiple players and WAGs look over at them. She heard Jesper laugh as she wrapped her arms tightly around his neck. He started skating with her in his arms, making her nervous as if he'd drop her.

...

"Wait, Tay." Maddie said suddenly as both girls were walking into their hotel. They both stopped, their skates in their hands. Maddie's eyes dropped down to Allison's skates and then to hers.

"Did Jesper get you your skates?" Maddie asked, her expression curious. Allison nodded as she looked down to her skates. To her surprise there was something she never noticed: the number 63 stitched into the side of the skate. Her eyes widened in surprise and when she looked back up, Maddie was awestruck.

"Jack only rented mine. I didn't buy me a pair of figure skates, let alone custom figure skates." Allison instantly felt her mood drop. Jesper had spent all of this money on her and there was no way to make it up to him. Sure, if he didn't want to buy this stuff, he wouldn't, but he wanted too and that seemed to be the problem. He would buy Allison the world if he could, but she couldn't get him anything back. He seemed to have everything he wanted already. Plus, Allison didn't have the kind of money he had, so she couldn't spend $1,000 and call it pocket money.

"I didn't even know that..." Allison's voice grew small and Maddie seemed to notice. She frowned and moved closer to the girl, interlocking her arm with hers. She dragged her along and into the elevator to their floor. Jack and Maddie's hotel room was right next to Jesper and Allison's.

"Let's go have some fun. I saw a cute little dessert shop as we walked, we could go there if you wanted?" Maddie offered, taking Allison's mind off of the lots of money she was indirectly holding in her hands. Jack and Jesper were doing interviews and media events for the rest of the night so the two girls had a lot of time on their hands. Allison nodded happily as Maddie stopped at her apartment to drop off any extra stuff she didn't need, Allison doing the same.