CH 5

Jesper couldn't find Allison in the crowd of cheering people. He wished she was right next to the glass, cheering him on. He wanted to skate up to her and share a moment for just them. Talking through the phone was not enough.

Allison waited by the player entrance for Jesper. She didn't plan on seeing him after, but if she can impulsively buy his jersey, she can impulsively talk to him.

Players flooded out of the door not to long after the game. Allison looked up from her phone every time someone walked out, but when it wasn't Jesper she just offered them a smile.

The door opened once again, Nico Daws walking about with Jesper following behind him. They were mid conversation, but when Jesper saw Allison, he stopped. It's like something inside him shifted when he saw her.  Her beautiful blond hair, tall figure, the dust of red spread across her cheeks from the cold. If Jesper thought she was the most beautiful girl he'd ever seen then, what was she know?

"Hey Allison." Jesper grinned. Allison smiled back, her eyes flickering over to Nico before landing on Jesper again.

"Hey Jesper. Nico." Allison greeted. She gave both boys a warm smile. Jesper said something to Nico and he nodded and walked away, saying goodbye to the both of them. Allison let out a sigh of relief.

"I was going to have a heart attack if he stood there any longer." Allison laughed. Jesper smiled and looked to the ground.

"So, you played well tonight." Allison said, her smile still blessing Jesper's presence. Jesper shrugged.

"It was a good game for everyone." Jesper said while trying to deflate his ego.

"Such a team player." Allison cocked her head to the side with a smile. Jesper's cheeks turned a light shade of pink.

It's just the cold.

Allison watched Jesper's blond hair move with the wind. Neither of them said anything, which made sense because he didn't know she was going to be waiting for him.

Allison looked into his eyes and for the first time, she felt it. She felt the need to reach out and touch him, to brush her lips against his. But they just met. This is their first time talking in person.

They can't. Well, she could, but could he?