THIRTY-ONE|💘

(Seungmin POV*)

_________________________________________

I walked out of my patients room with a empty food tray in my hand. A couple of female nurses headed past me, gossiping about one of the head doctors no doubt.

I walked up to the main counter
of the floor I was on. "Hey Lisa, do you know where doctor kann left those peracetic viles, cause once again he wrote the wrong file number?" I asked, rolling my eyes as I leaned over the counter.

"Huh, oh no I wasn't with him this week, I've been on desk dutie this whole week." She said. "Sorry."

"Eh that's ok, guess I'll just have to get chewed out for something that wasn't my fault.... again." I groaned, thanking her before I turned back around down the hall.

"Oh, yes we have a free room." I heard Lisa say from behind me. "Seungmin!" She shouted.

"Huh, yes?" I turned around.

"They've got a man who needs stitches and a full recovery room coming up in a couple minutes can you open up room 476 for them." She informed me, staring down at her computer.

"Yes of course." I nodded, grabbing the key rings from her desk and heading to room 475.

I opened the room, inspecting it to make sure the cleaning staff had come through, the bathroom was spotless and the bed was tightly made, so thankfully I didn't see any need for a re-cleaning.

"Room 475" I heard a familiar voice direct someone. Emily, a kind female nurse on my floor, walked in with a young man in a wheelchair, he had sharp features and dark brown hair, and most importantly his left arm was split open, from the wrist down to his elbow. He was squinting in pain, looking more angry than hurt.

I pulled out my disinfectant kit then my stitching kit, letting Emily roll the young man around to me. "Do you want to get on the bed, Mr Lee?" Emily asked him.

"No" he snapped. "I just want to get out of here, just stich up the stupid cut and discharge me."

"I'm sorry sir but you'll probably be here for the night." I explained to him as I laid my peroxide soaked wipe over the ends of his wound.

"What!?" He snapped again. "No, that's not what's going to happen."

"Sorry sir." I shook my head, reaching for my needle of regional anesthesia. "You're pretty tough, I think you'll be ok." I joked. I mean it seemed pretty true, I'd probably be crying if I had an injury this bad.

"Felix is gonna kill me.." he mumbled, rolling his eyes.

Felix?

"Is that a family member?" I asked, pressing in the needle.

"Not yet....he's my boyfriend- wait, why the hell are you asking so many questions?" He asked, raising his brow at me suspiciously.

"Oh- I'm sorry, you just seem a bit familiar to me, then you said "Felix" my boyfriend has a friend named Felix, that's all." I said.

"Kim seungmin?" He said coldly turning his head to look me up and down.

"Hm?"