Chapter 2

No pov

Koir Lee Jackson was the oldest of 4 children. Her mother Laura Jackson and her father Kennedy Jackson had been high school sweethearts who fell in love and got married at 18. Kennedy went off to college, realized it wasn't for him and enlisted in the army. When he returned Laura had given birth to beautiful baby girl named Koir Lee. Kennedy like any good father was proud and ecstatic , so ecstatic that by the time he visited from the service again she gave birth to another girl named Morgan Elise.

Koir was 4 the next time he came home and he stayed for a while and the couple had a baby boy named John Aaron. He was a bouncing baby boy and he brought so much joy to the Jackson family.Koir was 6 ,Morgan was five , John was 1 and everything was right in the small family's lives. Kennedy wasn't called back to the service and after year the two parents thought 'what the hell let's have another' . So they tried and tried and one day 2 lines appeared on the stick .
Everything felt like a dream until Kennedy fell ill . Laura was so stressed and filled with worry, she had become a single mom over night and she was worried for her husband's health. He had gotten worse the doctors said and only gave him a day left and that did it . That night Laura Jackson sat on her bed praying and blood started to seep through her nightgown. 2 days later Kennedy was well and up walking . What an interesting price to pay , right?
Anyways with the news of the miscarriage, Kennedy did everything in his power to keep her happy but it wasn't enough; She wanted a baby. So they tried and tried and tried and after two years they decided 3 was enough.

Laura tried her best to be grateful for what she had and keep believing things would get better but deep in her heart she was desperate for her lost baby. At this point Koir was 8 and Morgan was 7 and baby John was 3 and still Kennedy was home from the service. Things got rocky and Laura started to slip away from Kennedy, she would take long walks at late hours and come to back at midnight. She would sit at the porch and drink whiskey to drown out her thoughts. Then one day Kennedy got a letter that he had to report back to the service immediately and the news woke Laura like a slap on the face. She knew she had been depending on him and his love and didn't want to lose it , and that night before he left their  love rekindled .
When he came back from work he told her on the phone he didn't have to go back to fight in the war they wanted him to work at the base until retirement. Laura was overjoyed and told him to hurry and get back home to their family. He arrived a few hours later and walked on the front porch and looked at the house he hadn't seen in two years. Laura opened the door and a little boy stood with her , she smiled wide an ran to him and Kennedy held her tight and kissed her. She introduced the little boy to him and immediately he started crying; she had given birth to a son the year before named Jonathan Kendall .
______
Koir pov

I always wanted to have the life my parents had . A happy peaceful life with a beautiful family. I wanted to marry my high school sweetheart and have his children and live our days together forever. But life had other plans for me.
It was 2pm and I was going through a crisis called what to wear. I haven't been to a party in two years , it's wasn't always this hard but I know that Kayla and Jenny would get me right.
Jenny is my cousin who happened to be going her too and we never really grew up together but the past two years had been very bonding for us.
My little sister Morgan won't be coming because she claims she has homework for physics . The girls are supposed to be coming over at 5 to get ready which will give us 3 hours to get ready and one hour to arrive to the party fashionably late. I'm so nervous but Jya was right , I have to move on and leave Tyler in the past.His name almost gives me chills done my spine, I hate him with every last bone in my body. But enough about him it's my time , it's my life now. Just a few more hours and I'll be back to myself, my real self not this introverted girl who's trapped inside. I can't wait for tonight.
____

Hours pass by and I head back to my dorm to start getting ready. I look at my phone and see that it's already 5:30 " Shit" I mutter . I'm late!
I rush down the hall and see the girls outside the door with their stuff. " guys I'm so sorry I was so lost in my thoughts in the library I lost track of time-" " girly pop just open the door please " Jenny said. " yea I'll just do that" I say opening the door. The warmth of the room was not expected and I rushed to the air conditioner to turn it on. " I call first shower" Kayla said grabbing her stuff and heading into the bathroom. " what did you pick to wear" Maria asks but Kayla stops in her tracks " oh no I found her an outfit , Jenny has it in her things" she says with a smirk. I look to Jenny who is also smirking and I eye her with suspicion. " Jenny let me see what she picked" I said . She pulls out a black dress with a big cut out.