Stay-at-home-defenseman

Moss rolls out of bed Friday morning and takes his laptop into the kitchen to start the workday.

Beginning at 7:00 AM should allow him to, hopefully, be done by 3:00 PM. However, that can change depending on a number of situations that could take place before the end of the day. That's just the price you pay when you accept a manager position, Moss supposes.

Tye sleeps in until 10:00 AM, but eventually makes his way into the kitchen to pour himself a cup of coffee that Moss brewed for him not too long ago.

"Mornin', Mr. Kettler. Did you hold my calls for me while I was out?" Tye jokes as he takes a seat across from him at the table.

Smiling over his screen Moss replies, "No calls so far today, Mr. Martel. Looks like you chose a good day to come in late."

Chuckling into his coffee Tye then asks, "So what time did you get started today?"

"Seven. I'm trying to finish up by three-ish so we can eat together before you take your pre-game nap and head to the arena."

Tye sips on his coffee and scrolls through his phone while Moss types away on his laptop. He eventually leaves to give Moss some privacy when he answers a call from one of his clients. Grabbing a protein bar from the kitchen, he makes his way into the living room where he'll reside until things slow down for the accountant.

-

It's around two o'clock when Tye hears sizzling coming from the kitchen and a delicious scent hits his nose. He gets up to offer his assistance to Moss who will, most likely, tell him to sit down and wait for him to finish cooking.

"Go sit down and wait for me to finish," Moss predictably shoos him away when he asks if he can help. Before he's completely pushed out of the kitchen, he notices that Moss has salmon in the oven, vegetables in a pan and baked potatoes in the microwave.

Tye thanks him profusely when a plate full of salmon, mashed potatoes and mixed veggies is placed in front oh him a couple minutes later.

"Consider it a thank you for dinner last night and letting me stay at your place again," Moss says heedlessly.

With a mouthful of food, Tye chides him, "You don't need to thank me. I like having you stay here and we had to do something to celebrate your promotion."

Tye collects the dishes when they finish and bullies Moss into letting him help clean up.

When the dishes are washed and sitting in the drying rack, Tye reveals that he has one more surprise for him. He goes to his room to retrieve the gift before re-entering the kitchen and handing a bag over to his friend.

"A Boulders jersey," Moss says as he pulls out the jersey with Martel written on the back accompanied by Tye's number eight.

"Yeah- you said that your brothers didn't end up getting you a jersey for Christmas, so I wanted to make sure you had one for the next game that you went to," Tye explains proudly.

Moss holds the jersey up to his body to see the size of it and notices that it looks to be a little bigger than what he would normally get for himself. He appreciates the thoughtfulness of the gift anyway.

"Thanks Tye. I'm definitely wearing this bad boy tonight," he declares with a wide smile.

-

Tye naps for about an hour before emerging from his bedroom in his game-day suit.

He's tying his tie while telling Moss about the conversation that he had with his captain earlier on the phone. The plan is for Lars and his wife, Addie, to swing by and pick up Moss, sans kids. They'll then drive to the arena and watch the game from the family suite. Tye informs him that there may be some friends and family members of the players in the suite as well, but they tend to keep to themselves for the most part.