Epilogue - Day(s) with the Cup

"Your brother is pissing me off, sweets."

"You can't go running to your sweets every time I beat you at chess."

"Fuck off- you don't even know how to play chess. You're making up the rules as you go."

Moss smiles as he watches Tye and Shane fight over their game of chess while he lays on the couch with Eli who has his head in Moss' lap. His boyfriend and his brother have been bickering ever since they arrived at the Kettler family lake house two days ago.

Eli looks up at him as the arguing persists, "Please do something, Mo. Their bitching is giving me a headache."

"You guys are giving Elly a headache. Neither of you know how to play chess so can you please stop arguing about who won already."

Moss continues to run his hand through Eli's hair after scolding the duo.

"Sorry MoMo," Tye gets up and pecks Moss on the lips before sitting down next to him and draping an arm over his shoulders. He then shifts forward to flick Eli in the head and speaks to the younger boy in a mocking tone, "-and so sorry to you, E. Didn't mean to cause any more damage to that empty dome of yours."

Eli scoffs at this, "You're such a dick. You deserve all of Mo's bullying. "

"I don't bully him," Moss protests

Giving his shoulder a squeeze, Tye smiles at his boyfriend's denial, "You do bully me, sweets, but it's hot- so it basically cancels out."

"We all need to know less about each other," Eli says flatly. Clearly having heard enough about his brother's relationship with his teammate, he gets up and walks to the kitchen.

"Look at what Addie texted me," Moss ignores his brother's exit and instead gets out his phone to show Tye the pictures sent to him earlier in the week.

Addie:D

**image of the Larsson family around the Stanley Cup in their backyard**

**image of one year old baby Larsson sitting in the Stanley Cup with the two older kids standing on either side of the cup**

**image of Lars asleep in his recliner with the Stanley Cup**

**selfie of Addie with her tongue out while she points at Lars behind her who is still asleep on the recliner with the Stanley Cup**

Tye laughs as he scrolls through the Larsson family pictures that they took during their day with the cup. "He's still feeling the aftermath of the parade. Lars is officially an old man that can't handle his liquor."

"You weren't much better during the cup celebrations, to be fair," Moss grins at him. "Kelsey and I had to yank you and Enny out of the hot tub while you were both fully dressed and singing a drunken rendition of Sweet Caroline after the parade."

"You'll never let me live that down, will you?"

Moss pecks him on the cheek in response (Tye knows that this means he will be reminded of that story at least once a day for the rest of his life) before scrolling back through his texts with Addie. He lands on the one message that he really wanted to show Tye and holds his phone out for the hockey player to read.

Addie:D

What's the hold up on the cat adoption?

You and Marty should be recreating our baby in the cup pictures but with a kitten **raised eyebrow emoji**

Moss turns to look at his boyfriend expectantly after showing him the text.

"MoMo," Tye sighs exaggeratedly, "we can't get a kitten until we're back in Colorado for the season. It wouldn't be fair to get one and then leave for vacation- and traveling with them wouldn't be any better.... don't look at me like that...."