1

Kailen "Moonie"
Sugarhill, New York
June 10, 2023

We finally made it to New York and started taking my stuff to my room

We finally made it to New York and started taking my stuff to my room. I started unpacking everything. I put the shoe boxes at the top of my closest and put all my suitcases and bags under my bed. Once I was satisfied with my room I went to my sister room.

"Hey Moo moo, everything ok?" She asked as I walked in. "Yeah, everything is fine. I just got done unpacking and stuff." I said, sitting on her bed, looking around her room. It was different from the last time I saw it.

My mom and dad got a divorce when I was 11. My mom and I moved in with my aunt, and I would just come visit my dad on holiday. Kacey is my half-sister, but my mom always treated her like she was hers.

My dad walked into Kacey room and handed me a key. "This is to the house key," he said, handing it to me. I shook my head and put it on my key ring. "Dad, can I hold some money? Jazzy and I are going shopping in a min, " Tootie asked. He went in his pocket and counted 200. "Thank u, Daddy," she said. He handed me 200 hundred, too, and I put it in my wallet with the rest of my money.

"Dad, I'm going to the store." I yelled and closed the door. I started walking, and as I got close to the store, I saw a group of little kids making a sturdy video to a drill song. I walked around them and walked in the store. I grabbed a mango Arizona, a pack of blue raspberry sour belts and some sweet chili Doritos. I went to the front and paid for everything. As I was walking out the store, I saw my cousin Darrian with 2 boys with him.

"Oh shit wsp Moonie," He said, pulling me into a hug "Hey" I said, smiling. "How long u in town for?" He asked."I moved in with my dad earlier, " I said."u deadass. Oh, we're litty, " He said, smiling. "Oh ya, this my cousin Moonie. Moon this is Notti and DD they from the block" Darrian said wit his arm wrapped around my shoulders "Yo" Notti said "Wassup" DD said looking me up and down licking his lips "hey" I said while waving. "She hanging with us or what?" Notti asked. They all looked at me, and I shook my head, yea. I texted my dad, letting him know I was gonna be with Darrian.

We walked out of the store and started walking. We ended up walking down to the train station. "So where u from?" DD asked Sugar Hill, but I had moved to Texas for four years." I said "oh dats wsp. Why u move back out here?" He asked."Umm.. I had no choice. My aunt made me move down here to live with my dad and sister, " I said.

The train had come and we got on. "Damn, I ain't been on a train in forever." I said,"That's crazy." Notti said as he was holding on to the railing. The boys were getting sturdy, and I was on my phone scrolling on Instagram.

We got off the train and started walking up the subway steps. "Yo, I'm getting mad hungry." Ddot said as he put his arm around me. "Yo Noti just texted and asked if we wanted to do a smash or pass and rate in person vid for him and Idris." Notti said "yea when is it?" DD asked "tomorrow. Moonie, u wanna be in it? It's ok if u don't, " Darrian asked "yea sure" I said, smiling a little. "U got a pretty smile," DD said, looking at me. "Thank u, so do u, and yall got some pretty hair i said, pointing between him and notti, " I said. "Dats, all u ma," he said, licking his lips. "Preciate it, ma," Notti said back.