CHAPTER 7

Please don't be a dead viewer! Comment your thoughts and vote on each chapter. Constructive criticism is welcome, and feel free to point out any mistakes so I can fix them!

 Constructive criticism is welcome, and feel free to point out any mistakes so I can fix them!

I'm pretty sure I clearly resemble a fish out of water. My eyes are wide as I stare at the man in front of me, laying on my back, my mouth flapping as I search for an excuse. Finally I snap my mouth shut and shut avert my gaze. Let him speak first.

"Do you need help?" his voice carries to my ears and I return my gaze to him suspiciously.

"You're not going to turn me into Riorson for spying on you and let him kill me just in case I go and rat out all of your secrets?" I say, narrowing my eyes.

The man's mouth twists into a small smirk. "Well, I couldn't have been sure that was what you were doing, could I?" he responds. "But now that you have so conveniently told me everything you were up to out here, I might just have to turn you in." He wags his finger back and forth mockingly, and I narrow my eyes further. Is this a joke?

Finally that smirk of his lifts into an actual grin, and he holds out his hand. "Liam Mairi," he says. I stare at the hand he's offering before taking it and letting him haul me up.

"Wisteria Colland," I mutter.

"Nice to meet you, Wisteria," he says pleasantly. He begins walking toward the college and I hurry to follow, not particularly wanting to get caught out here by someone less...friendly?

"You're a first year, right?" I ask. "I've seen you on the mat. You're good." Might as well keep on his good side—and maybe try to redeem myself after I just got caught spying.

"Yeah. You're pretty good yourself." Liam shoots me a smile, and I have to turn my face away as a red flush spreads over my cheeks. Fuck. Am I blushing? I've been possessed.

Liam walks with me back to the dorms in a comfortable silence, but pulls me to a stop before we enter. "I can trust you not to tell anyone about...what you saw out there?" The man's gaze is suddenly serious as he looks at me. I find myself almost frozen as his blue eyes stare at me—not cold blue, like mine, but a deep, wonderful blue.

I have to yank my gaze away from his in order to answer. "Uh, yeah," I mumble. Yeah, way to make him think you're lying. So I force myself to look back at him. "Yeah. Sorry."

"'Sorry'?" His brow furrows in confusion. I suppose I have nothing to be sorry for—but that horrid word seems to have a prominent place in my vocabulary.

"Good night!" I say hurriedly and rush into the dorms. When I reach my bed, I flop down onto it with a groan and smother my face with my pillow.

What the fuck was that, Wisteria? He probably thinks you're a weird idiot who can't form coherent sentences. Wait, what? Why do I even care what he thinks? He's just another egotistical man trying to become a dragon rider. Screw his abnormally pretty eyes and blond hair that always seems to look good.