2| A Heartbreaking Betrayal

"Akshu, Hamne tumse to ye umeed nahi ki thi", Mimi said in a tearful  voice.

"Haa Akshu aur Abhi, maine kabhi nahi socha tha ki tum dono Aisa karoge!", Manjiri said with sorrow while other Birla family's elders looked at Akshara with anger.

"Mimi... I really didn't want to hurt you all par--", Akshara said in a low voice with her gaze down but AG cut her off.

"Par kya Akshu? Just imagine jab Aarohi ko ye pata chalega ki tum dono yaha bhaag ke shaadi karne aaye the to uspe kya beetegi!"

"AG I love her but I can't live without Abhi, he's my life!!", Akshara said holding Abhimanyu's arm.

"What the hell!", A voice came from their behind and they all turned into that direction, only to find Aarohi standing there, freeze and furious, looking at Akshara with so many questions in her eyes.

"Aaru listen...--", Kairav said coming towards her but she stopped him.

"I want to listen it from Akshara and Abhimanyu", she said handling the car keys to Kairav and pacing towards them.

"Why? Why did you two do this to me??", She asked with tears of anger in her eyes.

"Aaru...---" Akshara tried to speak but Aarohi yelled, "You have lost the right to call me Aaru, Akshara Goenka!"

"Aarohi, it is not Akshara's fault alone...your Abhimanyu is also at fault ", Bade papa said taking Akshara's side, even today when she made such a big mistake.

"Your Abhimanyu?? He isn't mine now!...and can I know the reason for this", She asked looking into Abhimanyu's eyes directly.

"Ham dono ek doosre se pyaar karte hai but Akshu wasn't ready to accept our love just for the sake of Aarohi. So I decided to marry her and show Akshu that I am moving on...par ham dono ek doosre se move on nahi ho paa rahe the and today she accepted our love and we both came here to marry eachother.", Abhimanyu said and others got silent at his story. It seemed like they don't find any mistake in their actions.

"I too love Abhi and I want to marry him!", Akshara said looking at both the families.

"And what about me? You used me right?", Aarohi yelled looking at both of them.

"Calm down Aarohi, I..am I am sorry", Akshara said trying to hold her hand but Aarohi jerked her hand.

"Akshara agar itna hi pyaar tha to usi din haa kyo nahi keh diya...and you, Mr Abhimanyu Birla, You made me a pawn so that Akshara could feel jealous and realise her love for you? Who the hell gave you two the right to play with my life??", She yelled. Her voice was loud and it echoed.

"Enough Aarohi! Tumne hamesha Akshu ko nicha dikhaya hai aur vo tumhare liye apna pyaar sacrifice kar rahi thi... You should be thankful to her!!", Abhimanyu said in his cold and rude voice holding Akshara's hand tightly.

"Thankful to her?? My foot!!", Aarohi yelled in anger and Akshara started to sob taking Aarohi's name.

"Aarohi! Behave... Don't make a scene here", Bade papa yelled and she felt dejected. Even today, when she is betrayed, for him she is the one who is at fault.

"Let's talk at the Goenka house!", He said to the Birlas and they all turned to leave.

"Wait!" Aarohi said and they all looked at her. She took off the engagement ring from her finger, threw it on the floor and crushed it with her foot.

Others looked at her with shock while Abhimanyu was still in his ego form.

"It was all for you and now you mean nothing but a trash to me!!", Aarohi said removing the chunari from her head and jwellery from her neck and hands, and throwing them away.

"Aaru please don't do this. I am sorry!!", Akshara tried to speak but Aarohi yelled making her quiet.

"Shut up!! I always thought ki mai tere sath galat behave karti hu...you really care for me but I was wrong... You are the one to cause troubles in my life and then play the victim card by crying. You are a curse for me!"

"Aaru please don't say like this... I really love you...Mai bas tere liye apna pyaar chhupa rahi thi... just for you.... please don't say this..I love... I love you", Akshara's voice started trembling and she got a panick attack.

She started gasping for her breathe. She sat down on the ground trying to breathe and other members, worriedly surrounded her.

Although Aarohi felt broken and betrayed but she still cares for Akshara. Whenever Akshara had a panic attack, Aarohi used to take care of her. Aarohi went near her.

"Akshara--...", Aarohi came near her and tried to hold her hand.

"Stay away of her!!", Abhimanyu yelled and she went a few steps back.

"Whatever is happening with Akshu, it's all your fault!! Agar ise kuch hua to bhool Jana ki ham teri family hai", Bade papa yelled in anger and Aarohi felt shattered.

They all got busy with Akshara and no one noticed how broken Aarohi was. She started keeping her steps back, looking at her family members, who were taking care of Akshara.

A flashback came across her eyes...

"Family means?", Little Aarohi questioned Sirat.

"Family means...", Sirat started speaking.

"...Nothing" Aarohi completed the answer, while turning around with teary eyes and walking down the temple's stairs with shattered hopes.

____________________________________________________________________________