8 | Jealousy

Aryan is obviously not a thief but if he ever gets a chance, he would like to steal just two things. First, his Aarohi from this cruel world, and second, her happiness.

Well there is a third thing too and that was the anklet which was in his hands right now and he was smiling while looking at it. He got too lost in her thoughts that he forgot he is sitting in his work place and not at his home.

A knock on the door broke his trance and he kept the anklet quickly in his pocket, asking the person to come in.

There entered a girl looking at him with affection and he rolled his eyes.

"What Dr.... whatever?", he asked, not remembering her name and opening his file to prevent that lovey-dovey look from her.

"Aditri...Why can't you memorize my name?", she said with a weird look on her face.

"Why should I?", he said in an uninterested voice without looking up at her.

"Umm... let's leave it... I missed you so much on the past few days, since I was on a leave", she said keeping her hand on his.

"Keep a distance!", he said removing his hand from her hold.

"Why?", she said getting up and coming near her.

"You know that I love you!", she said comming closer to him. He looked at her with furiousness and disgust. The anklet fell from his pocket and she took it up, looking at him. He snatched it from her and kept it back.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Aarohi was smiling as she converted Aryan's pic into an AI version in her free time. He was looking like an adorable teenager in that pic. She was feeling excited to show him that and hence she moved towards his cabin while smiling on the phone.

She reached there and looked up to knock on the door, which was already opened, and her heart ached suddenly looking at both of them being so close to eachother. She stood out but tried to hear their conversation.

"Dr Rathore... I heard that a girl stays with you?", Aditri said making a doubtful face.

"She is just my friend, don't drag her in between!", he said and Aarohi didn't know why but her heart felt a hurt.

"So that means you only love me, right?", she said moving her hand on his face and he closed his eyes in frustration.

Aarohi turned back and walked towards her cabin hurriedly since she couldn't tolerate whatever was happening there. She was feeling jealous, unhappy and angry at the same time. She sat down on the chair and started checking some files to divert her mind but all in vain. Her mind was constantly reminding her of that scene.

"She is just my friend"

"So that means you only love me"

Their words revolved in her mind and she got frustrated by herself. She had no idea why she was overthinking about them. She said to herself, "Tujhe kya problem ho rahi hai? Sahi to bola usne tu uski friend hai bas! Let them live their lives aur tu bas apne sapno pe focus kar".

She was lecturing herself when Kairav's call came. A smile came on her face as she wanted to have a heartful conversation with someone at that moment.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

On the other hand, he got up with frustration, getting rid of her hold.

"What was that? Maine kaha tha na ki mai kisi se pyaar karta hu tumse nahi !!", he yelled and turned towards the window

"To kis se pyaar karte ho? Kon hai tumhari vo selfish college crush jise tumhara pyaar nahi dikha?" She said, being fed up with him mentioning about his love everytime.