9 | Acceptance

Aarohi was running while laughing and Aryan was trying to chase her. They were enjoying the moment when Aditri interrupted and took away Aryan with her.

And suddenly, Aarohi woke up and realised that it was just a dream. A half beautiful and half disgusting dream.

"Ye to sapno me bhi picha nahi chhor rahi!", Aarohi said punching on the pillow and then she realised that she is acting weird nowadays, and hence tried to forget all that and act normal.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
She went down after taking a shower and getting ready. a smile came on her face as she saw him trying to knit the button of his shirt with so much concentration.

"Mai kardu?", she asked and he looked at her. "Kar hi deti hu", she said taking the shirt from his hands and knitting the button. While she was busy in doing that, he was busy in admiring her.

"Aarohi, let's go somewhere today", he said and she smiled while looking at him. "Kaha?", she asked while looking at the button with a smile across her lips.

"Kahi bhi!", he said and she nodded with excitement.

"Good morning", Someone's voice came and they both looked into that direction. Aditri was standing on the door and looking at Aryan with a smile. He rolled his eyes and Aarohi got furious upon looking at her.

She entered and came near him, and said, "I have some urgent work from you", while opening her bag.

"No work for today, please!", he said keeping his hand on her purse.

"As your wish", she said holding his hand and Aarohi looked at their hands with anger forgetting about the needle in her hands, that pricked her finger and she screamed with pain.

He ran towards her and sat down on his knees looking at her finger with panick. Aditri looked at his care for her with a doubt.

"Dhyaan kaha tha! Ruko mai first aid--",he got up but she stopped him saying, "I am fine", and passing him the shirt, she went into her room.

He followed her forgetting about the girl standing down in his house. She also went behind him.

"Aarohi opened her handbag in search of a bandage but couldn't find it so her frustration grew so much and she threw all the things of her bag on the floor. He came inside and held her hand with genuine care for her.

"Needle hi to lagi hai kya panick kar rahe ho?", Aarohi said without matching her gaze with him.

"Blood nikal raha hai Aarohi!", he said with tension in his voice.

"I am a doctor as well as a woman!", she replied snatching her hand from him.

Aditri came in and saw the bandage lying beside the handbag so she went towards it to pick it up. While picking it up, her glance fell on the anklet in the bag which was same as the one that was with him. Her mind connected the dots and she thought that the girl whom he loves is no one other than Aarohi.

He took the bandage from his hands and went towards Aarohi. Aditri looked at them and seeing his care for her she felt dejected.

"Mai thik hu yaar!", she said as he was getting too much worried.

"Pata hai mujhe tum hamesha thik hi hoti ho!! College time pe bhi thik hi thi na fir itne saalo baad pata chala mujhe ki tum kitni pareshan thi", He uttered while applying the bandage on her finger.

Now Aditri was sure that he loves Aarohi as he always mentioned about his college love in front of her.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Aditi came down with pain in her heart. She could be jealous of Aarohi but was a pure hearted person who could never snatch people or things from others.

She knew that she would move on soon but one more day of one sided love wouldn't kill her. So she wanted him to be with her just for today and then she would never interfere in their lives again.

He came down with Aarohi and she smiled, hiding her pain in her heart and looking at his love for Aarohi.

"Aryan, let's go out today", Aditri said and Aryan looked at Aarohi with 

"Sorry...aaj---", he tried to speak but Aarohi said to them, "Enjoy!", and went into her room.

He wanted to go behind her but she stopped him.

"What is your problem?", he yelled with anger.

"You love her!", She said with a smirk across her lips and he paused with shock.

"Tumhe kaise pata?", he asked with a stuttering voice.

"Leave it! Bas Aaj ka din mere naam kar do and I'll not follow you from tomorrow", she kept the condition in front of him and he looked at her with frowned brow.

"Never", he said turning to move but her voice again stopped him.

"To mai Aarohi ko sach bata dungi and then you'll lose her as your friend", she blackmailed him.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Aarohi felt broken and she was crying sitting on the bed, in her room. Her feelings were not easy to be understood by her. Since childhood, she was ignored by others but today she was crying because she was being ignored by her friend, just a friend. She was speaking to herself while crying.

"Why God? Why me everytime?? Mujhe aadat ho gayi hai tumhari Aryan!! Mai tumse pyaar karne lag gayi hu...I love you yaar...how stupid of me!...Tum sirf as a friend meri help kar rahe the and I... I'm so stupid"

She said wiping her tears and keeping the fallen things back into the bag. A notification popped up in her phone and she opened it.

She was selected for the interview in Mumbai's hospital, for which she was trying so hard.

Today it wasn't a happy news for her because she would have to go away from him. But she also felt that it's a good opportunity to move on from him and not become a third wheel between Aryan and Aditri.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

"Please don't!", he requested her and she replied, "Then give me a day of your life". He could do nothing and had to agree.

He went up and banged on the door of Aarohi's room. She wiped her tears and opened the door, trying to act as if everything is normal.

"Aarohi, ham fir kisi wakt bahar chalenge abhi mujhe Aditri ke sath jaana hai...Okay?", he said and her heart broke into pieces.

She nodded with a fake smile and didn't tell anything about that interview to him at that moment.

He went out with Aditri even though he wanted to stay with Aarohi and spend his time with her.

____________________________________________________________________________