Vampire

Text

" The Battle of Willow Creek took place right at the end of the war in our very own Mystic Falls. How many casualties resulted from this battle? Ms. Bennet?" The history teacher asked Bonnie. " Uhm.... a lot? I'm not sure. Like a whole lot." she responds, and the others laugh. " Cute becomes dumb in an instant, Ms.Bennet. Mr.Donovan? Would you like to take this opportunity to overcome your embedded jock stereotype?" He asked Matt. " It's okay, Mr.Tanner. I'm cool with it." He says that, and the others start laughing again. Alec just smiled. " Hmm, Elena? Surely you can enlighten us about one of the town's most significant historical events." He asked Elena. " I'm sorry I- I- don't know," she says, shaking her head. " I was willing to be lenient last year for obvious reasons Elena. But the personal excuses ended with the summer break." Mr.Tanner says. " There were three hundred and forty-six casualties in this battle," Alec said, making the others look at him. " That's correct Mr? ." " Alec Wadsworth." " Ahh Mr. Wadsworth. But there were no civilian casualties in this battle." Mr. Tanner says.

At this point, Alec didn't pay any attention to the class as he played his rings. A habit he developed whenever he was in deep thought. Before coming here, Alec always worked while studying. Not to be narcissistic, but Alec never failed any exam, even though he barely had time to study. 'All the hard work paid off at least ' Alec thought to himself. He bought his own house here, and though it's small, Alec didn't mind that. The car was given to him by one of the caretakers in the orphanage where he lived before since Alec passed all the exams. She's such a sweet person, but she died while protecting Alec. Both of them are on the run from someone on their way to the orphanage. She never explained to Alec what was going on, Alec recalled that she whispered something, and Alec became temporarily blind and his hearing was disabled. ' She a witch? Wait, witches, are real!' That was all Alec thought at that moment. Weirdly, he didn't freak out. All he felt at that time was awe and curiosity. Maybe it was because he's a weirdo too, due to he healed faster than normal when hurting and never got sick. When Alec got his vision and hearing back, he saw Ms. Nancy on the floor with a lot of blood around her. Running to her side, Alec wanted to call for help, but she held Alec's hand and whispered something in Alec's ear: "Hide.. run... use your ring always... Cough... Never take off." With that, Ms. Nancy took her last breath on Alec's lap.

Alec's train of thought was cut off when the bells rang. Packing up his backpack, Alec goes to his locker and accidentally cuts his finger. Suddenly his locker door was being closed by someone, and Alec was startled when he saw Stefan standing close to him. " What do you want, dude," Alec inquired. " Uh, what? No, I'm sorry. Nothing. Gotta go." Stefan quickly walked away before Alec could raise a question. Alec swears he saw Stefan's eye go black, but he's unsure because it only happened for a brief moment. Shrugging his shoulders, he went to his next class.

STEFAN POV

I was talking with Elena when I caught a whiff of an intoxicating smell. The scent almost made me lose control in front of Elena. I excused myself from Elena before scurrying off. He followed the scent, and Stefan felt confused when he couldn't smell it. Going further, he stopped in front of someone's locker, where the scent smelled stronger. Stefan took a deep breath to control himself before closing the locker to see who was behind it. Stefan swears he almost changed, but fortunately, he managed to control himself. He saw the blue-eyed kid; Alec. Stefan was unsure if he had found the right person. " What do you want, dude," he heard Alec say, slightly irritated. Stefan then realises he's been staring at Alec. " Uh, what? No, I'm sorry. Nothing. Gotta go." I said this quickly before walking away, leaving a confused Alec behind.

End of Stefan's pov~

Alec was at the party in the woods that Caroline invited him to. He sat near the firewood while drinking alcohol. Bonnie and I were talking about something when Stefan came our way. " Hey, do you guys see Elena?" he asked, smiling, but Alec felt like Stefan avoided eye contact with him. " Ohhh maybe she went to find Jeremy over there," Bonnie said. " Ahh, thanks," smiling Stefan walks away to find Elena. " So Alec, tell me about yourself, man. We knew so little about you," Bonnie said, urging him and pouting her mouth. Alec laughed at her. "Alright, fair enough. I was an orphan, as you already knew. Uh, parents were murdered. " What! Sorry to hear that." Bonnie said. " Nah it's fine. Anyway, I lived in an orphanage for 16 years and recently moved here," " and I practised martial arts too." Alec smirked when he saw Bonnie looking bored. " That's all you going to say? Seriously." Bonnie said she was unsatisfied. Alec was about to say something when Caroline called Bonnie over. " Welp gotta go see ya later," Bonnie said before walking over to Caroline.