Revelation

Damon POV

Damon was in his room after making his dear brother's life miserable and meeting Elena, who looked so much like Katherine. If he did not know Elena, he would have thought it was Katherine. And the blue-eyed kid, Alec. He looked truly beautiful. It's the truth, only blind people would say otherwise. Damon scrutinised him, standing in front of Elena with a fighting stance facing him. The ways he carried himself as if he didn't give a fuck to anything that happened around him, but also the one who noticed every action. But Damon felt something amiss with Alec. He doesn't smell any fear, nervousness, or anything, he could smell Elena's nervousness in the air, but not him. Heck, Damon can't smell his odour. That boy was fearless as he stared back at him dead in the eyes. 'Is it possible that he's a vampire' but Damon abandoned the idea as he could hear a heartbeat and pulse beating on him. If he's a witch, Damon might know, but he looked human enough except for the lack of smell. "What are you? Doll." Damon said, smirking to himself with an evil glint in his eyes.

He was on a street full of humans as they waited for the comet event. In hiding, of course, he doesn't want Stefan, the mood killer, to notice him. Where is the fun in that? When he caught sight of his prey, Damon just waited for Alec to be alone, then he attacked. As Damon watched, Alec left Elena and Bennet's sides and went to talk with the others. A few minutes before the comet, Damon saw an opportunity to trap Alec because he was alone. Damon pulled Alec and slammed his back against the walls, shocking the others. When their eyes met, Damon smirked at the boy's attempt to escape from his grasp. Damon admired the boy's face " Now, now. Why don't you calm down, huh, doll?" Damon said, grinning at the boy as he watched Alec's face turn from frowning to pissed off after hearing the nickname. "What the fuck doll?! My name is Alec," he yelled. "I'm curious," Damon said as he traced Alec's features with his eye. "Why can't I smell any emotion out of you? There's no fear, nervousness, anger, or nothing." finished Damon as he stared into Alec's eyes. A truly breathtaking sight indeed. "What are you? You're not normal, are you?" But before the boy could retort, Damon smelled the intoxicating scent of blood. His face changed as his blue eyes turned black, with veins protruding and sharp fangs. He tried to control it but lost it after he saw Alec's stunned face. Damon bit down on the side of Alec's neck while covering his mouth and sucked his blood as the comet passed by. Once Damon tasted the blood, he couldn't stop. He held Alec's waist more tightly when he felt Alec keep moving around. He felt euphoric as he sucked the blood with relish. As he sucked the boy's blood, Damon moaned at the heavenly taste and felt the power surge. He had never tasted something like this before. He muttered something as he continued sucking the blood without showing any sign of stopping. Suddenly, he was thrown over his back, hitting the ground. Damon tried to get back as he saw Stefan trying to snap his neck, and he punched him in the gut hard, making Stefan fly a couple of feet away. Then, without thinking, Damon used his vamp speed in front of Alec, who tried hard to clutch the wound. Before he could do anything, he was knocked over, and the last thing he saw before closing his eyes was Stefan's bloodlust face.

Stefan POV

After stopping Damon from sucking Alec's blood dry, Stefan tried to calm him down and force his vampiric features back to normal. He was having a hard time controlling himself when he smelled Alec's blood. After Elena went away, Stefan followed where the smell came from and quickly dismantled Damon from Alec, who seemed unwell. His vampiric nature started to show as the smell of blood became stronger. Stefan was shocked to see Damon losing control like this, and before he could knock Damon unconscious, Damon landed a punch on his gut, making him fly a couple of feet away. Stefan felt astounded. He knew Damon was strong, but was this stronger? Catching sight of Damon in front of Alec, Stefan immediately snapped his neck while Damon was still in a trance. Before leaving, he made eye contact with Alec and fled from there in case he lost control of himself.