Trust

After Stefan sent the message, his life was the same as always, and more importantly, there was no harassment from Damon. It's like the calm before the storm. Through these few days, he kept receiving red roses from whomever he knew. So to avoid upcoming headaches, he does what he is best at: ignores them. Besides, he discovers something weird about him; technically, he's a weirdo, but this is even weirder. He can take someone else's pain away mentally.

Yeah, that sounds crazy, but define crazy. If people told his old self that vampires exist, he might scoff at the idea, but he's already encountered two vampires with witches, so crazy doesn't exist in his vocabulary anymore. Anyhow, one night,while he was in his car with Caroline to send her home,he tried to wake her up from her nap, but suddenly darkening blood vessels that begin at the point of contact and work their way up from the fingers to the arm towards the chest and neck were formed. He quickly pulls his hand away as his eyes widen while Caroline starts to wake up. Caroline thanked him before getting out of the car without feeling hungover. He was sure Caroline complained about headaches and could hardly walk by herself.

After that discovery, he comes to the conclusion that he can take or absorb someone else's pain. This was the first time it happened, but he himself is still not sure how it works. While he was busy thinking about that, he heard his door being knocked on. "Hello?" His hand froze on the door handle when he heard a girl's voice. "Open the door,Alexander," he practically sang at my name. My body stiffened upon realising who it was. "She's bleeding an awful lot." He continued. "And why should I believe you? I don't know what trick you playi-" "She's Matt's sister, the one you saved in the woods. Does that ring any bell?" he cut me off with impatience laced in his voice as I was hesitant to open the door. "OPENED THIS DOOR ALEC OR SHES GONNA DIE." Damon growled. I could just let her die since I'm not that close with her, but she's Matt's sister, and I could never forgive myself if I let someone die due to my selfishness.

"Come in," I said as my hand tightened on the door handle, and Damon smiled, flashing his sharp fang towards me. I don't understand why he would come to my house. Didn't Stefan say he took care of it? He threw this question at the back of his mind as he eyed Damon, who was making himself comfortable on the couch while Vili? Matt's sister is lying on a towel on the other couch. He doesn't want his new couch to be stained with blood, okay? "Why exactly did you come here, Damon, and why is she with you?" I asked, feeling annoyed. "Dunno," he replied lazily. I narrowed my eyes at him. Stefan, say you're not coming back," I purposely ask as Damon is immediately in front of me. I flinched when he came close. Oh, did he, Alec?" Damon squinted his eyes as he asked in a playful tone. "Too bad,he underestimated me." Damon muttered, going back to the couch, and I decided to head to bed, already feeling exhausted from dealing with Damon.

It didn't take long for his eyes to close as sleepiness slowly crept in, but before he could even go to dreamland, he felt someone occupying the other side of the bed. He sat immediately but was held back by the arms that were around his waist. "Hush,just go to sleep, Xander," Damon whispered in his ears. He cringed at the nickname and tried to remove Damon's arms from his body. Keyword tried. Damon's hold on his waist tightened. He feels uncomfortable sleeping while hugging like this, and both of them were men, for god's sake. But he eventually gives up his resistance, knowing Damon won't let go. Though feeling a bit uncomfortable, he fell asleep at last.

Alec awoke to find himself alone in the bed, which he appreciated. Before going to the toilet, he quickly made his bed. "Oh sh*t, sorry," he replied hurriedly, locking the door and searching around for Damon with a scowl on his face. Imagine his surprise when he discovered Vili on his toilet. Damon was drinking Bourbon in his kitchen at this hour, he discovered. Seriously? What did he get that from? Alec isn't interested in knowing."Why are you still in here?" His voice was dripping with venom as Vili finally made her way to the kitchen. "Oh hey, you're Alec, right? Were we partying last night?" She asked, and Alec just stood there dumbfounded but nodded his head when he realised Damon must have compelled her.