Did I Drive you Away?

Jack examined his old room, when his eyes fixated on a photo on the nightstand. Jack stepped inside of his room, picking up the picture frame.

"A photo of me and my old foster family," he whispered. "I was their favorite foster child they ever took in, especially Stephanie." He pointed to a blonde woman who looked like she was in her early 30s. "Oh, and there's my mom! Not a foster mom, just my mom," said Jack, looking at another photo over his bed. 

"I always knew you were a mamas boy," teased Evie. "Shut up! You wouldn't let anyone else besides our parents pick me up, mother hen," stated Jack. "You would cry whenever grandma tried to hold you when you were a baby," said Evie. 

" I remember Natasha, she was one of the social workers at the orphanage," said Jack. 

"I remember her too! That woman was beyond off key whenever she would sing!" Evie and Jack laughed together for a bit, then stopped. 

"She reminds me of my foster dad," said Jack, "he would bake these homemade waffle cones, and he would either keep 'em in too long and burn them, or he wouldn't keep them in long enough and they would just be doughy square imprinted treats!" He smiled.

"Wanna know what's funny?" asked Jack. "Right now, I would give anything just to taste the burnt waffle cones one more time..." He started tearing up a bit.

"What about your younger foster brother?" asked Evie.

"Alek," he whispered. "He was so annoying, and crazy too! I remember this one time, when we went to Funland, and Steph had to clip a balloon locator on us so we wouldn't get lost."

"Oh, crud," chuckled Evie. They both laughed again. "Oh, good times," said Jack. "I guess we should go back to the treehouse before your girlfriend thinks we're dead," said Evie, dragging out the word 'girlfriend'. 

"I, uh-she's not my girlfriend, I mean no she's-!" stammered Jack. 

"Don't think I don't see the way you look at each other," teased Evie. 

"Whatever! Let's just go back to the treehouse and get some rest," defended Jack, who was now red as a strawberry.

Hey y'all! This chapter is a little longer, but I hope you liked it nonetheless.

Extra space so u don't get ads 😊