~good girl~

Wc: 2256

Warning for this chapter: mentions of OD

Comment any ideas/concerns here. I'm always open to ideas that could further in the plot. If you want to text me privately, text me on here, or add my Discord:
yyqnderi

Have a good day/afternoon/night!

Velvet was silent for a second, before she whispered something incoherent. Veneer shot up like a rocket, anger prominent on his features. He looked like he was about to combust right then and there. That was before, he started to scream. Emotions filled the room like a fountain of water. Listening to his words almost made me cry

Velvet had to listen..right?

After veneer shot up, he stomped on the ground. "Are you SERIOUS? do you know why your in here? Do you remember anything? SHE did that to you. SHE is in here. SHE doesn't care-" Velvet snapped back, slamming her fist down on her thigh.

"She does care! Just because your boyfriend doesn't show you enough love doesn't-" Veneer let out a loud groan, running his hands down his face. I bit my lip, stepping forward.

"Why don't we all just-"

My efforts to calm everyone down were futile. Even veneer gave me a look to shut up. Words couldn't form in my mouth. Nothing seemed to be making sense right now. Why was Veneer mad? Why is Velvet in the hospital? Am I just hallucinating? What if I don't want to be family- I want to.. I want to leave.

I suppressed my thoughts, stepping back into my corner. I sat down on a chair in the corner, listing silently to Veneer and Velvet once again. My ears couldn't help but listen- so much that I was able to form an opinion.

"Ven, I.. listen. I understand that everything is hurting you- but that doesn't mean she doesn't love me. If it makes you feel better, I could..demote her?" Veneers eyes had pools of tears falling from them as he listened. I could tell that velvets efforts of helping weren't enough for him. It wouldn't be enough for me either- I mean this entire situation is fucked.

"Okay.. can I choose the new assistant then?" Veneer caved in, deflating on himself. He sat down on the end of the bed, rubbing small circles on Velvets knee in a comforting way. I'm still confused- why is she in here? If I knew that- I'm sure everything would make a lot more sense to me.

I leaned my head against the wall, drowning out the annoying banter of the twins. The walls were freezing, and the posters on the wall made me uneasy. Teeth, organs, medical tips. Basically everything and anything involving a medical situation could be found around the room.

But not to mention the smell- it smelt of sterile cleaning wipes. And a bit of metal. I hated hospitals- I always have. But this is the first time I've ever been in an emergency room. I figured that it would look a little different. The soft noise of the vents rang loudly in my mind- and not to mention the gentle buzzing of whatever was around the room.

I closed my eyes tightly, trying to stop the headache that was forming in my head. I huffed, finally just deciding to listen back in on the twins. "Well- you hired crimp. And I hired Orchid- and Crimps an okay assistant. So I think you pickings a great idea! As long as it's not that ugly rat in the corner of the room."