~Hatred, Love, and Everything Invetween~

Wc: 2287

Comment any ideas/concerns here. I'm always open to ideas that could further in the plot. If you want to text me privately, text me on here, or add my Discord:
yyqnderi

Have a good day/afternoon/night!

My head craned to the side, trying to peer over the line of people at the store. Veneer informed me that Velvet was getting discharged from the hospital in a few hours and I had to get some equipment. And by that, I mean a tracker.

It was a cheap one that connects to my phone- it's meant to find a remote control or a small object. But I'm sure connecting it to Velvets car would do the same thing, right?

The only problem is that the line at this store is so long that I might not even make it in time. I bounced on my leg, impatiently scrolling through my phone. Frowning, I looked at the time. The line moved ever so slowly, causing the seconds to feel like minutes. Looking out the windows of the store- I examined the cars out in the road. I had convinced Veneer to let me borrow his car to, basically, stalk his sister. I took a step forward, finally reaching the cashier.

I put the box down on the place beside there cashier, walking in front of the card scanner. I watched the screen blink at me, telling me to wait on the cashier. A little man was placed under the words, he was doing a little dance. I wish I was that guy- no fears. To work. No stress. Just a little icon that danced on the screen of a card scanner.

The words changed- telling me to swipe my card. I grinned, putting the card in the bottom slot. I put in my pin at a rapid pace, immediately grabbing the bag after the little icon told me that it went through. The cashier wished me a good day, but I paid no mind a so really had to get out of here.

The snow had come to a stop- but the snow from before was still present on the ground. I jogged go the car, trying my best not to slip on the hidden puddles of ice. Yanking the door open, I started up the car almost immediately. Putting all of my belongings in the passenger side, I started up the car. Slamming on the gas, I sped out of the parking lot.

I ran every red light, sped past every house on the block before I finally made it to the huge penthouse that Veneer called home. I slowed down the car, pulling into the driveway at a much slower pace. Almost instantly- a car pulled up behind me.

Fuck, it's velvet..

I bit my lip. Breathing out a nervous breath. As quickly as I had gained the courage to leave the car, I heard a violet knock on the window. I jumped a bit, rolling it down. I was met with the angry face of Velvet. "What are you doing in my brother's car? More importantly, my stuff is in the car and I'm not getting it out. You're the assistant, go!"

I nodded, opening my car door. Grabbing my bag from the passenger seat. She practically just gave me free access. This is gonna be a piece of cake. I walked to her car, which was almost identical to Veneers. Opening it up, I was smacked in the face with the smell of vanilla perfume. I looked behind me, Velvet was watching my every move. "Aren't you..gonna go inside..?"

She scoffed, rolling her eyes. "Please, I don't want you snooping. Your job to carry them, not look through them. And I don't trust you, so.." she cleared her throat. I looked back in front of me. I spoke to soon- this was going to be harder then I thought. I crawled in the back, placing some of the smaller bags in the seat so I could get through.

I looked around, locking eyes with a big tote bag- full of makeup. I pushed it over, making all of the makeup fall into the floor. "Oh, I'm sorry! I'll put this back in the bags right away.." velvet looked over my shoulder, scoffing once again. "Whatever, I'm not watching a child. If I find out you snooped, you're fired!" Her voice was laced with venom, but I didn't care.