~Actions Speak Louder than Words~

Wc: 2236

Comment any ideas/concerns here. I'm always open to ideas that could further in the plot. If you want to text me privately, text me on here, or add my Discord:
yyqnderi

Have a good day/afternoon/night!

My body is healed. Which is like, the best thing that's happened to me in the past week. Right now I was sitting in front of my computer in my office. Velvet had bought me new one since she felt it was her fault I broke it. I had my head leaning into my hands, tears leaking down.

During my healing process, me and Velvet started growing close. Me and her shared intimate moments like it was nothing. We spoke carefully, and our looks meant the same. We longed for each other, we wanted each other. My dumb feelings of not forgiving her got in the way.

Because of that, she lied. It was my fault she did what she did. My heart was breaking slowly. I finally was gaining her trust. She made me feel like she wanted me. I sobbed gently into my hands, the memories relapsing in my head like a skip on a CD.

Velvets heels made a soft clicking sound on the floor as she adjusted herself in the elevator. I laughed at her small joke, hugging my purse close to my chest as I did. Velvet gave me a smile.

She reached up, cupping my cheek in her hand. I naturally walked closer to her. These moments were something we had all the time. It's like we were dating. But I refused to even think about doing that with her. She brought it up consistently, but I always shut her down.

"Your laugh is so addictive, Mon Ange." I bit my lip. Her eyes dug holes into me. Butterfly's flew around in my stomach like crazy. I leaned in closer, eyeing her lips. Her once confident demeanor seemed to shift as I did.

Her face lit up. She seemed nervous. I thought it was cute. I smiled. Maybe dating her wouldn't be so bad.. she's been nice. She's been trying her hardest for me. I stood on my tippy toes, but before I could kiss her- she pushed me off.

"No. I.. I'm not ready yet. You telling me over and over again no broke my heart. I'm working on myself for a bit. I'm sorry.." her words cut into me like a dagger. I backed away slightly, nodding in understanding.

She wouldn't have turned me down if I hadn't just accepted her apology to begin with. I let out a choked sob, leaning back in my chair. I huffed, trying to calm down. That's not even what I was mostly sad about.

I was sure that me thinking about dating her was just the spur of the moment anyway. It was what she did after. I turned my office chair, looking out the giant windows. The town glimmered as the sun was starting to set.

The stores below were beginning to turn on their LED signs, and the town was starting to cloud with men in expensive clothing and women in overly priced dresses. I smiled for a second, embracing the calming atmosphere. Before I remembered what I was sad about.

I slightly bumped into Velvet. We had moved on from the scene in the elevator, pretending it didn't happen. Velvet had her hand intertwined with mine. I had a bounce to my step as we walked.

Her fingers grazed over the stitching scars on my hand. We held hands often and this was something she loved to do. She claimed that my scars showed how strong I was- it showed what my worth was. If showed what I've been through and it means all the much more that I'm still here.

Velvets expression suddenly shifted to a shocked one. Looking in front of me, I saw a blur barreling towards us. The moment I noticed it, it fell to our feet.