Chapter 4

Z-city | 10:46 AM

(y/n POV)

Saitama: Hey, y/n, could you pass me the chips?

I look up from my phone and toss the bag of chips over to Saitama, who promptly opens it and starts crunching away.

It's the first time I've had time on my hands since the asteroid, so I'm hanging out at Saitama's place again, since it's not like I've got anything better to do.

Genos is in the kitchen, wearing a wonderfully masculine pink apron and washing the dishes. It's almost like Saitama just keeps him around to do house chores; the whole situation is pretty funny, to be honest.

Genos: Master, it says here that you've moved up to B-class.

Genos announces, checking his flip phone as he hangs up the apron.

Saitama: Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you. Those guys at the registry gave me an interview about that the other day... B-class means I don't have those weekly quotas anymore, right?

Genos: It seems that way.

Saitama: Alright, job security!

Saitama triumphantly raises his fist in the air.

y/n: Hey, Genos, what's it say about us?

Genos looks back at his phone.

Genos: Well, I've moved up two ranks: S-class, rank 16; you're one spot above me.

Saitama: Damn. You're a couple of big-timers now, huh.

The cyborg suddenly gets a call, the sound of his ringtone audible throughout the apartment.

Genos: One moment... Hello? ...J-city? That's quite far. Are there no competent heroes in the area?

Saitama: Man, S-class heroes sure are busy.

Saitama closes his manga and switches on the news as Genos pops back out from behind a wall.

Genos: Speaking of which, master, the monster you defeated the other day called itself a "Seafolk", correct?

Saitama: That was a while ago; I don't remember.

y/n: Seafolk? I haven't heard of this.

Saitama: Yeah... It looked kinda like that, though.

Saitama gestures towards the TV, where a bunch of slimy, sea-creature-like monsters are being displayed. I listen in closely to the newscaster as she elaborates on the situation.

y/n: Threat level Tiger? How has this not been dealt with already?

Genos: Seems like we still can't rely on anyone else to fix these problems.

I sigh and get to my feet, admittedly seeing the truth in Genos' pessimism.

Genos: Master, are you coming?

Saitama: Nah. It'd be pointless for all of us to go. Plus, it's raining over there.

Saitama takes another look at the news coverage which, indeed, shows that there's pretty heavy downpour in J-city today.

y/n: You're probably right. Threat level Tiger is practically a joke, anyway.

Genos: I see. I suppose it is unfit for master to concern himself with weak opponents.

Genos and I exit the apartment and step outside as Saitama wishes us good luck. The cyborg is clutching his briefcase today as well which, I'm assuming, contains some sort of upgrades to his machinery, although I'm not entirely sure what, exactly.