Chapter 6

Hero Association Headquarters | 2:24 PM

(y/n POV)

The driver pulls the car into the subterranean parking garage of a futuristic-looking building, its polarizing black design sticking out like a sore thumb among A-City's bustling business district.

I step out of the car and shut the door, the noise reverberating off of the thick concrete walls.

Employee: This way.

We all follow the guy into an elevator, where he quickly scans his keycard and pushes a button. The elevator begins ascending until it gently comes to a stop, its doors opening to reveal a large, well lit corridor that looks just as futuristic as the building itself; its walls, ceiling, and floor are all plated with some sort of blue-ish metal alloy.

There's a couple of heroes there already, including Bang, who comes over to greet us.

Silverfang: Oh, y/n-kun. Brought your friends as well, did you?

y/n: Hey, sensei. I guess you could say that.

Silverfang: Ah, you don't have to call me that here. We're colleagues.

y/n: Uh... alright.

Employee: Well, I'll be leaving, then. Everything else will be explained shortly. Excuse me.

I watch the man head back towards the elevator and disappear behind the doors before I turn back to Bang as he begins speaking.

Silverfang: I know I've met Saitama-kun already, but who's this?

Bang glances at Fubuki, who looks absolutely petrified, presumably from being in his presence. She's definitely in no position to be introducing herself, so I decide to speak on her behalf.

y/n: That's Fubuki. She's a B-class hero like Saitama.

Bang gives a polite nod in Fubuki's direction, which she returns fervently.

Bang: I see. The more, the merrier, eh? Good to meet you, Fubuki-chan.

Fubuki: T-The pleasure is all mine, M-Mr. Silverfang!

Bang does one of those smiles that old men do when they're amused by young people.

Atomic Samurai: Well, if it isn't the new recruits! I've heard good things about both of you.

A middle-aged man in traditional garb with two katanas sheathed on his hip approaches us. He's smiling with a piece of straw between his teeth, but still has a heavy air of confidence about him, the way you'd expect someone with years of experience to have.

Genos: S-class, Rank 4, Atomic Samurai. Known for his uncontested skill with the blade.

Genos doesn't seem to be speaking to anyone in particular, but the samurai accepts the words of praise with a smirk nonetheless.

Atomic Samurai: Oho! Seems like there's no need for introductions. Well, then. Genos, y/n, just know that I'm expecting nothing less than top quality from the both of you; don't disappoint me, now.

Genos: Of course.

I give the guy a curt bow as he shakes both my and Genos' hands before turning to Bang.

Silverfang: Long time no see.

Atomic Samurai: Likewise, Bang. I knew you'd come.

The samurai pauses for a second, shifting his attention towards the others.

Atomic Samurai: I see some unfamiliar faces. Apprentices, perhaps?

Silverfang: They are Saitama and Fubuki, both current B-class heroes. They are exceptionally talented, and I'm sure they'll be up in S-class with us one day. You all don't mind them tagging along to gain a little experience, do you?