Nathaniel & Nancy | Bitter Sweet Loneliness

Nathaniel & Nancy | Bitter, Sweet Loneliness

"Fuck..." He muttered against my collar bone, my eyes burst open and he suddenly released his grip. I instinctively gripped onto his shoulders to keep from crashing to the elevator floor. Shoving a hand through his hair he spun around with enough force to knock me back into the metal wall he'd only moments earlier had me pressed up against. "Damn it!" He barked, balling his right hand into a fist he slammed it into the elevator doors.

I jumped gripping onto the bras bar behind me. The smooth metal groaned and I could have sworn the cart shook, my chest rose and feel at an accelerated pace. The mix of emotions swirling around in my head began to give me a head ache, my eyes fogged and I brought a shaky hand to my lips. "Nate..." I whispered, flipping abruptly he captured my arms and shook me once. I gasped gripping his forearms, several winces escaped me as his finger dug deep into my soft flesh. "P...please...it hurts-"

"Just stay away from me and stay the fuck out of my head! Why can't you just leave me alone?! Why are you always fucking there?!" His heated breaths whipped at my forehead, releasing me with a violent jolt he sent my body crashing back against the wall. I cringed when he took a step forward, I watched his hands ball at his sides.

He punched the red button with the side of his fisted hand and a loud ping echoed through the silence and without another word he stormed through the doors. Releasing a drawn out breath I slid down to the hard floor, pulling my knees to my chest I began to sob. I couldn't even comprehend what I'd almost allowed to happen, ironically his violence and raised voice wasn't what hurt me the most; it was the fact that he'd done something so intimate to me only to get even...only to make me fix his phone.

For me it was one of the most magical moment I'd ever had with him, I was ready to do anything he wanted...all he had to do was ask. Crying into my folded arms I tried desperately to erase the memories of the last few minutes from my mind, it was already difficult being around him and facing his hatred on a daily basis but after this; it would be unbearable. My heart had already broken countless times from his harsh conduct towards me, it was hard to believe that there had been a part of my heart left intact until this moment...when the final piece shattered completely. I'd never felt more hollow.

***                                                                                                                                          
"Fix it. Now." Moving around his extended arm I gathered my files and placed them in my bag ready for lunch with Enrique. "Hey I'm talking to you." He snapped moving into my path. I tried to side step around him to no avail. "Don't be a fucking child. I need my phone, now fix it." My phone rang and I turned around to pick it up of the bed.

"Hello." I greeted without looking at the caller ID. I really just wanted any excuse to stop talking to Nathaniel, we'd worked in silence for the last two hours and frankly it was undeniably more comfortable then us talking. I'd spent most of the previous night trying to forget what had happened between us in the elevator; only managing to commit every single moment to memory in vivid likeness. "Sure, that's no problem I actually needed to give Charlie- I mean Mrs Quinn a call anyway. See you at one. Goodbye Mr Amorosi."

The way he added Italian here and there made me smile, granted I didn't understand everything but he clarified in English. I realised then he was simply speaking Italian for my benefit; he must have observed that I swooned a little every time he did so, that made me smile slightly. Hanging up I turned to find Nathaniel staring at my phone...more like glaring. My subconscious narrowed her eyes at him. He held out his phone once more and I scoffed.

Moving around him I left my room and made my way to the indoor pool room. I would have made the call to Charlie in the comfort of my own room but it was a little uncomfortable with Nathaniel burning a hole into my head. As if he had a real reason to be pissed...I was just giving him what he wanted. This was my attempt to stay out of his way. "Hey Charlie- woh, one at a time." Her rapid fire of questions had me ceasing my steady pace of the pool deck and sitting on one of the sun chairs.