Nathaniel & Nancy | Hotel From Hell

***
"Uh...signorina, Signore Hughes would like you to bring him the progress report for the gas fittings." The construction worker shuffled awkwardly. Sifting through the pile of files I pulled out the Manila folder, just as I'd extended it to the man he'd turned and left. He'd already made it too far for me to call to him without screaming. Sighing I walked the file into the newly renovated office, there wasn't much furniture as of yet...however enough to distinguish it from an office as appose to a large store room.

Nathaniel didn't lift his head but I knew that he'd heard me enter, placing the file on the dark timber desk I turned to leave. "Read it out to me." I stopped, turning slowly.

"I'm busy." I stated simply. Finally looking at me he straightened.

"Yes, with reading this to me." I watched him in confusion.

"Nathaniel, just read it to yourself. I...don't have it in me to do this right now, there's no point in fighting-"

"Read it." He ordered firmly. Clenching my jaw I did as he asked. I read the progress report page by page and included the finances so that he couldn't later request them.

"The fittings have been completed and paid for." Leaving the file on the table I turned to leave once more. Before I could open the door even an inch, it had already been pushed back closed. Nathaniel's hand sat firm against the door beside my head. My heart began to race as he closed the distance between us.

"We aren't done yet." Closing my eyes I released a drawn out breath. "We aren't done talking about yesterday, yet." I felt rather than saw his jaw clench, my fingers tightened around the metal handle as his heated breath fanned the side of my neck.

"Yes, we are." I grated the words out, my bottom lip wobbled violently as I struggled to keep my tears at bay. Flipping I pushed further against the door, "you said everything you had to Nathaniel...there is nothing left, to say." Moving away from him I slipped out of the room. Closing the door behind me I fell back against the wall. What more could he possibly have left to say...what more was there left to break of me?

***
"Hi, hello! Excuse me, I've been waiting here for twenty minutes now." I slammed my palm down on the marble counter. "Hey!" The staff all gasped and I now had the attention of everyone in the lobby. Groaning inwardly I watched as the man I then realised was the manager cautiously neared me.

"S...Si Signorina?" Pinching the bridge of my nose I slid my room key towards him.

"Look, I've already informed you that the electricity is not working in my room...nothing was done about it. Now the water is also absent, I can't even take a shower. I need a new room." He smiled nervously, shooting a panicked look towards the other staff members.

"Mi dispiace Signorina. W...we are completely booked, I'm extremely sorry for the inconvenience. I'll...I'll personally see to it that maintenance addresses those problems immediately." Sighing I took my key card before returning to my cold, dark room. As the elevator doors parted I lifted my head to find Nathaniel stepping forward to enter the cart. Shifting out of his way I moved around him.

"Nancy." He caught my wrist and on instinct I shook out of his grip.

"What?" I all but spat.

"I need the pr-"

"Progress report for what exactly this time? For the last week its one progress report or another, all the filings up to date and everything is on track. In fact everything is ahead of schedule so why the fuck are you asking for random progress reports every day?!" I snapped, flipping just as the doors slid close I placed my palms against the smooth copper metal. "God...seriously?"