Ep 2 ~ Voices in the Stormy School

Auditorium*

*Voices of chatter fill the auditorium, amplified by the echoing rafters. Students huddle in nervous groups, their faces flickering in the dim stage lights. Karmeen and Selene stand near the entrance, a hint of concern in their expressions.*

Selene (biting her lip) Do you think Jake and Zeddy are okay? They've been missing for ages.

Karmeen (scanning the crowd): Probably still chasing rainbows in the storm. But yeah, I can't help but worry.

Selene (nodding towards the stage): Hey, the principal's finally making his move. Let's see what drama awaits.

*Karmeen follows Selene's gaze to the stage where Principal Mere, a man whose hair rivals the storm clouds outside, clears his throat. His voice struggles to rise above the student murmur.*

Principal Mere (straining): Students! Students! Could I please have your...

*His words are drowned out by a wave of teenage chatter.*

Principal Mere: Ahoy, mates! Can we please calm down a bit? It's getting louder than a jungle full of monkeys!

*Laughter bubbles through the students. Even the teachers near the back can't help but smile. Mrs.Sera, the English teacher with her glasses always in place, whispers to Mr. Mils, the gym teacher with muscles bigger than his brain.*

Mrs. Sera: Remember when the Principal tried to read Shakespeare in the rain? The wind snatched his wig right off his head! He looked like a bowling ball with hair!

Mr. Mils (booming with laughter): Classic Mere! Still a better wig thief than that squirrel in the cafeteria, though. Remember the great cookie robbery of 2000? That little thing could stuff its cheeks with more cookies than a bakery!

*Miss. Kazuha, the music teacher with pearls brighter than stars, playfully shushes them.*

Miss. Kazuha: Gentlemen, please! Let's enjoy the quiet like a beautiful song, not the cookie monster's noisy lunch. Think of it as a break before the Principal conducts his announcement orchestra!

*Principal Mere, catching their whispers, strolls over with a twinkle in his eye.*

Principal Mere: Now, now, team! Nice musical ideas, but let me lead the chorus, okay? How about a fun game? "Whisper Chain!" The first one to pass the message silently and turn this crowd into a library wins a free pass to next week's talent show… even if they want to sing an off-key ukulele with me!

*The teachers' eyes widen. Free pass to the talent show? Where Principal Mere's yearly off-key serenade was legendary? Game on!*

*Mrs. Sera leans in, whispering to Mr. Mils. He nods, then winks at Miss. Kazuha, who cups her hand to her mouth and spreads the message like a secret agent. Soon, hushed whispers replace giggles, a wave of curiosity washing over the students.*

*The auditorium transforms into a sea of attentive faces. Principal Mere, arms crossed, waits with a grin. The silence, once deafening, now feels like a shared secret, a victory for the teachers' teamwork and the students' unexpected cooperation.*

Principal Mere (raising his hand): And the winner is… teamwork! Now, students, before you all explode like popcorn in a hot pan, let's hear why we're all here on this stormy night…

Students, faculty, friends. As many of you know, this storm outside isn't just a grumpy grey cloud over our town. Weather reports all over the globe tell the same unsettling story: things are getting... strange. Unpredictable. And frankly, a little scary.