Ep 6~ Museum Mysteries: The Hunt Begins

May 1st

(Jake's house)

(Inside Jake's bedroom, there's a king-size bed, a TV in front of it, and two side tables on either side. The sound of running water stops, and after a few seconds, Jake emerges from the bathroom, dressed for school. He stands in front of a large mirror directly opposite the bathroom door. On the left side, a big wardrobe is fixed to the wall.)

Jake (seeing himself in the mirror): I don't want to go...

(Jake's mom calls him from the kitchen while he's still in his room. His room is on the ground floor.)

Jake's mom: Jake, come quickly and eat your breakfast, dear!

Jake: Just coming!

Maya (Jake's sister, standing outside Jake's room): You're always late, as usual! I told you a million times to sleep early and stop watching so much TV. (Rudely)

Jake (muffled, covering his ears): Shut up. (He sighs in his mind, his eyes reflecting sadness.)

He walks to his study table, grabs his bag, and forces a small smile on his face before heading to the kitchen.

Jake (hugging his mom from behind): Mama, I'm hungry!

Jake's mom: Oh, darling! Sit at the table, I'll serve you right away. But first, did you remember to pray?

Jake: Yes, just after my shower.

Jake's mom: Good, now sit down.

Jake takes a seat at the dining table. Maya enters, phone glued to her hand.

Maya (smiling): Hey there, kiddo! (Pinches his cheeks) My cute little brother!

Jake (slightly irritated): Aah, stop it!

Maya: Hey, don't be so rude, I'm just playing with you.

Jake: Whatever.
Rude seriously? Then what did you do earlier? (He thinks to himself, his eyes reflecting sadness.)

Jake's mom places his breakfast on the table.

Jake: Thank you!

He prays over the food before digging in.

Jake: Mom, it's delicious!

Maya: Well, I made it today.

Jake: Okay, well...

Maya: Don't lie, I know you liked it. Don't you?

Jake makes a silly face and resumes eating. He finishes his breakfast and washes his hands.

Jake: Mom, where's the bird and dog food?

Jake's mom: I put it right there. (Points to a corner of the shelf)

Jake: Okay.

Jake retrieves the food and ventures outside. He whistles, and two dogs, one white female and one male brown, come bounding towards him.

Jake: There you are!

He feeds the dogs, their tails wagging with delight. Then, he walks towards a tree in the lawn and fills three bowls: one with seeds, one with bread crumbs, and one with water. He watches as birds and squirrels flock to the feast, his heart warming at their hunger satiated.

Returning inside, Jake washes his hands again.

Jake: Mom, I'm going! School is taking us to the museum today, so I might be an hour late. I didn't want to go, but it's mandatory.

Jake's mom: Okay, honey. Take care and stay with the teacher. Don't wander off or talk to strangers. Drive carefully to school and come home as soon as you're done.