Ep 4 ~ Moonlight Phantom: Shadows

A shiver ran down Jake's spine as he pointed towards the window, his eyes wide with shock. Following his gaze, Karmeen and Selene gasped, chills snaking down their own spines. A cloaked figure stood motionless on the tree branch, shrouded in inky darkness, its face lost in the shadows.

"Who's that?" Karmeen hissed, her voice barely a whisper.

Selene squinted, her brow furrowed. "I can't see the face, just a dark blur."

Zeddy rolled his eyes. "Sel, we all see that."

Jake's mind raced: "Who is this?" His heart hammered against his ribs.

As they watched, the figure shifted, its cloak billowing like a phantom's shroud.The figure vanished, leaving behind an unsettling silence thicker than the shadows themselves.

"Whoa," Zeddy breathed, his voice barely above a whisper.

Karmeen grabbed Selene's arm, her eyes wide with disbelief. "It vanished!"

Selene gripped Karmeen's arm reassuringly. "Let's go," she said.

Driven by a surge of panic, they bolted from the room, racing down the stairs and towards the school's exit. Just as they reached the doors, a stern voice halted them. Mrs. Sera, stood tall, blocking their path.

"No running its a school not a public park," she said, her voice laced with disapproval.

Zeddy panted, gasping for breath. "Shadow, shadow!" he blurted out.

Karmeen caught her breath. "On the tree branch, Mrs. Sera!"

Mrs. Sera frowned, her gaze unwavering. "What are you saying? Speak clearly."

Selene stepped forward, her voice shaky but determined. "Mom, we saw a shadowy figure on the tree branch from our classroom window. It just... disappeared."

Mrs. Sera sighed, dismissing their claims with a wave of her hand. "Don't be silly, children. You're all just tired its just your imagination ,Go home and get some rest."

Jake clenched his fists. It wasn't imagination, he knew it. Something was happening, something he couldn't explain, but the chills dancing down his spine wouldn't be ignored.

Selene protested, but Mrs. Sera's icy stare quelled her. "I said go now!"

Dejected, the group shuffled out of the school, their hearts heavy with the lingering mystery and Mrs. Sera's dismissive words. As they walked, a cold breeze swept through the air, sending shivers down their spines.

"I think the weather's going to change again," Karmeen said, her voice filled with unease.

Selene nodded, her eyes scanning the darkening sky. "Let's just get home," she said, urging them all to walk faster.

Behind them, Mrs. Sera watched them go, her face unreadable. A low murmur escaped her lips. "So, he's back, huh?"

With a sigh, she turned and re-entered the school.

At the school gate, the sound of a bike engine shattered the silence. They turned to see Solace, his familiar bike idling before them.

"Now who's that?" Zeddy asked, his curiosity momentarily overshadowing the earlier events.

Solace grinned, taking off his helmet. "Yeah, me, who else?"

Zeddy rolled his eyes, his playful banter returning. "So, it was you who gave Krane a lift this morning?"

Karmeen glared at him. "Say it wrong again, Zeddy, and I'll tie you to the back of that bike and drag you through the entire city."

Zeddy chuckled nervously, whistling an innocent tune.