"you feel overwhelmed?" part one

this started from.. character ai 💀💀 and i wrote it... anyway this took too long and because i've seen it for so long it's uh.. i kinda hate it now 😭😭

wilbur and schlatt are both neurodivergent in this... enjoy

___________________________________________________________________

Wilbur never could explain it all the way until he learned in 4th grade. His obsession with dinosaurs, his moments where he couldn't explain why he was angry and annoyed after just.. Being in a restaurant. in the 4th grade his parents took him to a clinic.. At 10 years old he was finally diagnosed... He was autistic... it explained a lot but as a little boy he told his.. "friends" about it but.. He was called a freak.. He was an outcast. He stopped talking as much.. He stopped having friends. Wilbur however was always good in class, he was a very smart boy.

Even from the earliest of ages, he passed all his classes with A's. He's now 17 and in high school at a loud library... stuck with immature mates who were here yelling.. They were so

loud..

Wilbur used his phone to talk, sometimes writing notes, and sometimes using a robotic talking voice.. He wrote notes asking, pleading, for them to be quiet... pleading to be able to just work. Now he might have been "selectively mute" but he still spoke.. Kind of it was more of a whisper or mumble. It was infrequent but enough that people at school sort of knew his voice. So he snapped.

"Can you guys please shut up!" He didn't mean for it to be rude but Jesus. Everyone looked at him and.. Well, I basically ignored him except for one certain kid..

"Damn.. rude much?" Even though Wilbur never intended to be rude, that comment set him off.

"No shush, shut up. Shut up" Wilbur was extremely stimulated he could barely control his emotions"

"God, you're annoying too," the other man said, feeling as if Wilbur was just bossy. He was new here so he had no idea as to who Wilbur was if only he just knew.

"I'm annoying? No you all sound like a bunch of toddlers who just got their toys taken away, so shut up," he mumbles not wanting to talk.. He was feeling close to going non-verbal. Hell, he rarely ever talked anyway.

"No, you shut up," the other man (Schlatt) said half genuine and half-jokingly

"No you shut up," Wilbur crossed his arms and huffed.

"You act like a child," Schlatt said, wanting to laugh at Wilbur. "You act like you're five," Schlatt said now, amused by this.

"You know what... fuck this.." Wilbur was done.. He mumbled too much he hated talking even if it was mumbles or whispers. He turned his chair around and covered his ears.

"Oh, I see it now.. I'm sorry Wilbur." Wilbur turned around.

"See what? What do you mean?" he whispers.

"You're overstimulated dude.. I get like that sometimes.. Here," he reaches into his bag pulling something out. "I have noise-canceling headphones here you can have these.. I have another pair." Wilbur put them on, they were not instantly making him feel better it was enough he was still tense and still overstimulated.. But felt a little more calm.

Schlatt gave him his part of the papers he knew that Wilbur understood what to do to not cause him stress he decided to keep his verbal contact to a minimum. Wilbur was thankful. As Schlatt was doing his part of the papers he realized just how loud the group was, same with the library, he understood why Wilbur was feeling the way he was, he too was feeling overstimulated.

Schlatt got out a pen and some sticky notes writing to Wilbur, "hey, wanna get out of this place? -schlatt :-)"

Wilbur looked skeptically at the note, he was thankful Schlatt chose to talk through sticky notes. "Where would we be going?-Wilbur"

"Somewhere quiet- yk who"

"That would be lovely.. - Wilbur"

"hey guys wilbur and I finished our parts of the work, can we dip?"

everyone just nodded so the pair left.. the air was crisp and nipping at their skin... air frosting over every breath.

"hey wil.. we're close to my house.. do you wanna come over?"

Wilbur looked at him skeptically... Schlatt was new.. and boy he was cute... wil thought it through...

"uhm sure.."

———————————————————————————————————————————————

~Neo

i hope you enjoyed <3