Chapter 15

"What?! We're not kids!" Nami pouted.

"Yeah, we are adult!" Nojiko wanted to reach for the wine glass in Vermillion's hand.

"Only children say such a word." Vermillion flicked Nojiko's cute forehead.

"How about I give you two some fruit juice?" Vermillion put down the wine glass and lifted Nami and Nojiko into his arms.

"Um, thank you."

Nojiko and Nami both blushed. Being carried by their benefactor somehow made their hearts beat faster.

"Hehe, Nami and Nojiko blushed." Bellmere looked at her two adopted children with interest.

"Do you two want to be with that big brother in the future?"

"Bellmere, don't make fun of me anymore..." Nami pouted.

"I, I want it..." Nojiko said quietly.

Bellmere was stunned, then she burst out laughing. "Very well, as long as Vermillion agrees, hahaha."

"Me too!" Nami hastily said.

"Sweet girl, wait until you grow up first." Vermillion shook his head with a smile.

***

In the evening, Vermillion, who had gathered his supplies, immediately came towards the seashore, where the Golden Hind had been previously stationed.

Since the Arlong Pirates had been cleared, Vermillion planned to depart for his next stop.

"Big brother, goodbye!" Nojiko stood up while bidding farewell to Vermillion with tears in her eyes.

"Big brother, in the future I will catch up with you!" Nami also feels reluctant about Vermillion's departure.

"I will see you again in the future!" Vermillion waved his hand without turning his back.

"Captain Drake, let's go."

"At your command, master."

***

Not far from Cocoyasi Village, a navy ship was slowly moving towards the island.

"Sir, are we really going to meet Arlong? They are pirates." A navy adjutant came to see Nezumi.

"Huh?" Nezumi turned around, "Soldier, are you my commander?"

"No sir!"

"Since I am your commander, then obey my orders."

"Yes, Sir!"

"Report, there's a pirate ship ahead!" The ship's guards reported when they saw the Golden Hind approaching.

"Hmm? What pirates?"

"Report sir, that ship is an unknown pirate ship. Probably a newly established pirate."

"Troops, drown them!"

"Ha!"

On the other hand, the Golden Hind.

"Master, there is a warship." Drake told Vermillion.

"Looks like they're planning to shoot us."

"Oh." Vermillion said, "Looks like Nezumi's ship... what an unlucky man."

"Drake, since they're attacking, sink their ship. Make sure not to kill the innocent."

"In your orders, sir!" Drake lifted her hat and then bowed towards Vermillion.

"Cannon, aim at that warship!"

*Boom!*

*Boom!*

*Boom!*

Poor Nezumi was about to give orders to shoot down the Golden Hind, but he himself was shot down.

The laser pierced the front of the ship, and Nezumi was no exception.

Instantly, the warship became pieces in the sea. Except for Nezumi, the rest of the navy soldiers survived.

"Drake, let's go, leave the rest of the navy behind."

***

*Purupuru... Kacha!*

"Marines Headquarters."

"Report, this is the East Blue branch's Sixteenth Division. Our ship has been sunk, and Officer Nezumi has been killed!"

"What?! Who did it?"

"The culprit was a rookie pirate. We were instantly defeated by the golden laser fired from their ship."

"Their captain seems to be a woman with red hair. We have taken photos of them, and we will send it to headquarters soon." The surviving officer gave big news.

"Okay, I will immediately arrange the information and report to the upper management."

*Kacha!*

After hanging up, the correspondent rushed to his boss to make a report.

***

"Drake, look, you got a bounty." Vermillion walked towards Drake while carrying the Bounty paper that the news bird had just dropped.

[ Dead or Alive ]

[ Francis Drake ]

[ 50,000,000 ]

"See, it is said that you are a ruthless and evil pirate. Have a destroyer that can shoot lasers."

"Haha, they have very good photographers. My photos look really good, I have to thank them." Drake, who received the bounty paper, said happily.

"Master, I have earned a bounty. Shall we celebrate?"