Chapter 17

After hearing Zoro's statement, Kuina felt much more confident. That's right, as a girl, she will prove that she is capable and not weak!

Although she still doesn't know what her future holds, at least she feels much better now.

Walking with tired steps, Kuina climbed the stairs of her house. Intending to take a whetstone to sharpen her Katana.

She didn't realize that a mysterious figure was hiding behind her.

*Slips!*

The tired Kuina paid no attention to the stairs she stepped. As soon as her feet tucked in, she immediately fell down the stairs!

Even though people in the One Piece world are relatively strong, for a small child, falling head-first down a ladder is a fatal thing!

Just as Kuina's head was about to hit the floor, Vermillion rushed out and hugged Kuina's body.

"Little girl, are you okay?" Lowering Kuina from his embrace, Vermillion asked.

"Next time be careful, people won't always save you you know?" Vermillion patted the girl's head with a warm smile.

"Thank you, thank you very much, big brother!" The panicked Kuina hastily thanked Vermillion.

"Haha, you're welcome. But if you really want to thank me, then introduce me to Koushirou."

"We came here to meet him."

"All right, big brother. Please follow me." Kuina tried to calm her heartbeat as she guided Vermillion to his Father's place.

"Big Brother, what exactly do you want to do with my father?"

"Just to compete, nothing more."

"A match?!" Kuina was shocked, and then she looked at the muscular Big Bro. "Is big brother also a swordsman? I need to remind you that my Father is a strong swordsman!"

"I'm quite skilled in swordsmanship, but the one who wants to compete with him is not me, but my sailing companion."

"Oh..." Kuina pulled back her enthusiasm.

"Big brother, you must know a lot of things while you sail the sea. Do you think a woman can be the greatest warrior in the world?"

Even though she had made a promise to Zoro, Kuina still wanted to hear a positive answer from someone else, someone who was definitely strong.

"Oh, I still haven't told you, have I? The friend who will challenge your Father is none other than Swordswoman."

"You're asking me if a woman can become a great swordswoman in the world? The answer is yes!"

"Is that true?!" Kuina's eyes flashed with a light of hope.

"Hmm? Why did you stop, lead the way."

"Oh? Yes!"

***

"Father, that's what happened." Kuina lowered her head as she recounted what had just happened to her.

"Its that true?!" A look of fear flashed in Koushirou's eyes.

Gazing at his benefactor, Koushirou bowed while expressing his gratitude. "Thank you, thank you very much, sir. Because of you, Kuina saved!"

"Uncle, thank you very much!" Zoro, who happened to come, was shocked and scared when he heard the news.

Together with Koushirou, Zoro also expressed his gratitude.

"You're welcome, and thats not a big deal. I'm sure Kuina has already told you my goal, so... what's your answer?" Vermillion asked.

"Of course." Koushirou looked at Musashi, then grabbed the hilt of his sword.

"It must be the female swordsman who will challenge me, right?"

"Amazing..." Koushirou straightened his glasses when he sensed Musashi's aura.

"It's not appropriate to compete inside the Dojo, come, come outside with me."

"Kuina, you and Zoro need to come to see this match. That Swordswoman is not ordinary." Koushirou said.

Koushirou was surprised when he felt the aura emanating from Musashi's body; the woman was very dangerous.

He never expected that there was a female swordsman capable of giving off such an aura. He felt that his Dojo would not last, so he decided to compete outdoors.

"Is Master going to have a match? Good, I really want to see it." Zoro said happily.

"A female swordsman capable of making my father serious?" Kuina looked at Musashi curiously.

"Musashi, don't overdo it." Vermillion believes in Musashi's abilities and knows she will win.

He just hoped Musashi didn't damage the environment too much.

***

Everyone followed Koushirou toward the back of the mountain. Apart from them, there were no other villagers in the area.

"Here should be enough." Koushirou stopped and then turned around. "With this, no residents will be affected."

"Name, Koushirou, sword, Wado Ichimonji, one of the twenty-one Great Grade swords. Please guide me." After removing Wado Ichimonji from its scabbard, Koushirou's smile was no longer visible.

In his heart, he knew that this match might be the greatest match after his exile to this village.

"Miyamoto Musashi. Please guide me..." As Miyamoto Musashi grasped the hilts of her two swords, her aura was no longer calm.

-----

read chapter 155 on;

patréon.com/mizuki77

ko-fi.com/mizuki77