Chapter 16

"Of course, the first bounty is a very important and unforgettable moment!" Vermillion smiled. Turning towards Emiya, he said, "Emia, I will ask for your help. Please prepare a nice party!"

"As you wish." Emiya sighed helplessly.

"We've had too many party lately, and each of you are eating monsters, this makes me a little tired."

"Is Heroic Spirit tired from cooking?" Vermillion was in disbelief, "For now hold on, in the future there will be a chef who might be able to share the work with you." He said while trying to encourage him.

"My body is not tired, but my soul." Emiya walked towards the kitchen, shaking his head.

"Every day I feel that my profession is no longer Archer, but a chef."

"By the way, are there any Heroic Spirits with the Chef Class?"

"Of course, and that Heroic Spirit is you, haha!" Vermillion teases.

***

"As usual, Emiya's cooking does not disappoint." Vermillion leaned back lazily in the chair after eating.

"Yeah, I even wonder why I didn't hire a chef when I set sail back then." Drake sighed in disbelief as she recalled her past journey.

"If I laze around like this all the time, I'm afraid my body will gain weight." Musashi got up from her seat, "I need to exercises."

"Musashi, if you want to practice swordsmanship, can I join? I want you to teach me." Vermillion got up too.

"Although I have gained sufficient understanding after obtaining your Noble Phantasm, it is still not enough."

"Haha, if Master is interested in my Kendo, then I will teach you!"

After arriving at the training area, Musashi pulled out her swords.

"Master, please."

"Musashi, here I come." Pulling his Katana, Vermillion immediately charged at the woman.

*Slashes!*

*Ding!*

Knowing that he was far worse than Musashi in swordsmanship, Vermillion did not hesitate to attack her.

The sword light continued to flash, swordsmen of the same genre slashing their swords at each other.

***

*Cracks!*

"Uhh?" Looking at his two broken swords, Vermillion felt speechless.

"Haha, Master, don't be discouraged. This time only my sword is much better than yours, when you get a better grade sword, we will fight again." Musashi tried to encourage his Master.

"Well... even if I get a much better sword, you'll still win easily." Vermillion was still self-conscious; his abilities were far from Musashi's.

"But, instead of bothering looking for Meito, it's better to use magic to make a much better sword."

"With Unlimited Blade Works, this should be pretty easy."

"Emiya." Vermillion turned to Emiya.

"Since this is your command, then I will teach it earnestly." Emiya nodded.

"Um, Master." Musashi walked closer to Vermillion, "Do you know of a Kendo Master nearby? After training with you, for some reason I want to experience and see the Kendo of this world."

"Speaking of a sword Master, it should be nearby. If I'm not mistaken he lives in Shimotsuki village."

Vermillion said while stroking his chin, "Our current location shouldn't be too far from that village. Drake, let's direct the ship to Shimotsuki village."

"Aye, aye, Master!"

Drake turned the wheel, and then the ship sailed toward the village where Zoro was training at the start of the series.

"If I'm not mistaken, Koushirou's daughter should be alive right now. Why not just save her? Isn't this like killing two birds with one stone?"

"After all it would be a pity if such a young girl died." Vermillion muttered as he gazed out at the vast ocean.

A few hours later, the day had turned to night when the Golden Hind docked at Shimotsuki village.

"Sir, do you know the Dojo belonging to Mr. Koushirou?" Vermillion asked the old man who was on the village street.

"Koushirou's Dojo? That Dojo is over there." The old man pointed somewhere.

"Did you guys come here to learn Kendo? Let me tell you something, Koushirou is a swordsman with real skills." The old man said.

"Once I saw him cut up a pirate ship with just one swing of the sword!" He said while remembering what happened several years ago.

"Is that true, sir? Interesting..." Vermillion smiled upon hearing that claim.

After saying goodbye to the friendly old man, Vermillion and his party headed straight for the Dojo.

***

Inside the Dojo, a kid's voice was heard.

"What a joke! You have beaten me so many times, but you still doubt that female can't become the number one swordsman in the world?!"

Zoro looked at Kuina with an angry look. "Listen, let's make a vow. One day, one of us will become the greatest swordsman in the world!"

"Zoro..." Kuina looked at Zoro in surprise. "I promise!"

"Looks like I came just in time." In the distance, Vermillion said in relief when he saw Kuina's still healthy figure.

"Guys, wait here first, I want to follow the girl."

With that, Vermillion followed Kuina secretly.