5 | Counselor

I entered my empty house and let my bag fall to the floor. Heading upstairs to my room, I picked out a fresh pair of underwear and a bra. The anticipation of a relaxing, hot shower couldn't have been more appealing.

As I walked past the mirror, I noticed I was still wearing Zayn's clothes. I peeled them off, tossing them into the laundry basket. I wanted to wash them before returning them to him.

I stepped into my bathroom, turning on the shower. Following my usual routine, I shampooed, conditioned, and used body wash. Fortunately, I no longer needed to shave, I had my entire body lasered, and it was the best decision I ever made.

After finishing my shower, I hopped out and dressed in my underwear and bra. Walking back to my closet, I chose an outfit for the day. With the weather surprisingly warmer than yesterday, I opted for a black mini skirt, a long-sleeve bodysuit, and an oversized black leather jacket. I completed the look with my Doc Martens and a few necklaces.

I sat at my vanity and followed my regular skincare routine before applying light makeup – a coat of mascara, a delicate yet sharp eyeliner, and lip gloss.

Opting to let my hair air dry, I couldn't be bothered with styling it. Fortunately, my hair's natural waves made it an easy choice.

Examining my reflection in the mirror, I grabbed my phone and headed downstairs. After picking up my bag from the floor, I locked the door and set off towards the school.

Upon reaching the school, I entered through the front doors and headed straight to my locker. As I gathered the necessary books, I sensed someone standing beside me.

Glancing up, I found Ryder and Axton staring at me.

"Hi?" I said, the words unintentionally forming a question.

"Look at you, finally deciding to skip the homeless look and actually dressing nice for once," Ryder remarked, his eyes scanning my outfit.

I shot him a glare, my eyes narrowing. "Thanks, asshole," I muttered, the annoyance evident in my tone.

I couldn't help but wonder if he had paid attention to me in the past, given that he noticed I wasn't wearing my usual sweatpants and sweatshirt.

Axton rolled his eyes, offering a knowing look. "Don't take everything he says too seriously. Sometimes he doesn't think before he talks."

I flashed a small, appreciative smile at Axton. "I can tell."

"Sorry," Ryder apologized, his expression sincere. "I didn't mean for it to sound so rude. What I meant to say is, you look nice."

I let out a soft, genuine laugh. "Thank you, Ryder."

"What are you doing?" he asked curiously, observing me grab books from my locker.

"Do I really need to explain what I'm doing? It's kind of obvious," I replied, glancing at him.

"Right, I forgot you're one of those nerds who doesn't skip class and stuff."

Closing my locker, I turned to face him again. "Maybe you should try it one day. You might actually learn something," I suggested, a small smile playing on my lips.

Axton laughed while Ryder frowned and placed his hand over his heart. "Ouch, that really hurt me, Aurora."

I rolled my eyes at his playfulness. "You'll survive."

I began making my way to my class, feeling everyone's eyes on me more than usual. I could think of two reasons why they were staring. One had piercings while the other was tatted.

Choosing to ignore their gazes, I took a deep breath and continued walking with Ryder and Axton beside me. "Are you guys planning to follow me to class?" I asked curiously.