14 | Party

Emerging from the shower, I slipped into an oversized t-shirt and sauntered over to my vanity.

Feeling a bit extra, I opted for more makeup today. I coated my lashes with mascara, ensuring they were long. Then, I dabbed on some concealer and blush for that fresh-faced glow. Softly overlining my full lips with a gentle pink lipliner, I topped it off with a swipe of lipgloss. Checking my reflection, I decided to add a sharp black wing on my eyes.

Content with my makeup, I reached for the straightener and got to work on my hair. While I adored my natural waves, today called for sleek, pin-straight locks.

After finishing up, I strolled to my closet, pondering over my outfit options. Chloe's "dress hot" directive left me guessing it meant something tight and short.

Scanning through my wardrobe for a few minutes, I settled on a black strapless corset paired with a black leather skirt. Once dressed, I looked at my reflection.

The corset accentuated my curves, enhancing my boobs, while the snug leather skirt hugged my figure like a second skin, stopping just below my ass. I completed the look by slipping into a pair of black high heels and securing the thin ankle straps.

Glancing at my phone, I noted the time: 7:56. Chloe should arrive any moment now. Swiftly adorning myself with gold jewelry, I grabbed a small black purse and headed to the living room.

My phone chimed, and I glanced at the text—it was Chloe, letting me know she'd arrived. After locking up, I headed to her car and hopped in. She greeted me with a hug, which I gladly returned.

"Wow, Aurora, I'm almost afraid to take you to this party," she remarked, giving me an appreciative once-over.

I looked at her quizzically. "Why's that?"

"Because you look absolutely stunning," she exclaimed, flashing a bright smile. "The guys are going to be all over you."

I chuckled. "I could say the same for you." And it was true—Chloe looked radiant. She rocked a tight black mini dress paired with over-the-knee heeled boots. Her makeup was subtle yet flawless, and her hair hung sleek and straight, mirroring my own style.

"Ready to start the night?" Chloe asked, and I nodded eagerly. "Let's do it then." She hit the gas, and we were on our way.

After about 20 minutes, we pulled up to a massive house that looked more like a mansion, and parked along the curb. "I'd park inside, but getting out later would be a nightmare," she explained as we both got out of the car. "These parties usually go on until 4 in the morning."

"Really, that late?" I asked, joining her side as she approached.

"Yeah, but we can leave whenever you want. Just let me know," she assured me with a smile.

Returning her smile, I confessed, "I'm actually pretty excited," which earned a laugh from her.

"Me too," she agreed, hooking her arm through mine and guiding us toward the house. Even before entering, the thumping bass resonated loudly, as if threatening to shatter the windows.

Stepping inside, the thick scent of cigarettes and weed hit us immediately. The house was a chaotic scene, packed with people dancing, smoking, and indulging in drinks. It was your typical high school party.

Glancing to my right, I spotted the kitchen, stocked with an array of alcohol bottles.

Chloe pulled me in closer, her voice barely audible over the blaring music. "Whatever you do, don't accept a drink from anyone," she warned, her eyes serious. I gave her a quick nod of understanding as we made our way toward the kitchen.