Chapter 5

Hot water pounds down over your body as you dip your head beneath the stream. It does little to wash away your turbulent thoughts as they once again lead back to him. You press your hands to the cold tiled wall, closing your eyes as your sopping hair falls around your face.

Last night. The bar. The charged atmosphere. The way he'd touched you, the graze of his fingers under the table... between your legs. Each agonising detail replays in your mind, sending your heart into a steady pound.

He'd suddenly changed his mind.

The cold splash of rejection had hurt. More than you ever considered it might. You know you weren't imagining it. He definitely wanted you. But the idea of you being a student had clearly been too much.

Ugh, it's not like I'm eighteen years old.

You let the water run over your face some more, hoping to clear your mind... to bring some perspective. You'd definitely stepped out of your comfort zone, at least. No one had ever made you come in a public place before. Strike that. No one had ever made you come full stop.

You slide your hands over your body, around your breasts, before slipping one between your legs. Your entire being aches with the need for it to be Loki touching you.

Just as you tip your head back, the tranquillity of the moment is shattered when the bathroom door bursts open.

You shriek, covering your chest with your arms as you look through the frosted glass of the shower. "What the hell are you doing!" you yell, your voice echoing off the tiled walls.

It's one of your idiotic roommates. He stands there for a moment in nothing but his sweatpants, his eyes widening as he takes in your naked body through the glass. Then, his face shifts into a lecherous grin. "Well...this is a nice surprise."

"Get out!" you scream, but the guy doesn't move. His eyes slowly travel downwards before rising all the way back up.

"Come on, don't be like that. You must have been expecting something like this to happen."

Fear filters through your veins when a bulge appears in the front of his trousers. "Get the fuck out!"

Finally, after what feels like an eternity, he backs out with a roll of his eyes and a snarky comment about you being a prude. And you quickly dry yourself, teeth chattering as you stumble from the shower and grab your clothes.

I can't live here anymore. I have to find somewhere new.

***

"Oh, my Gods, that's awful," Sylene says on the phone.

You'd needed to speak to someone... to relay what had happened earlier and the disgust you'd felt about being cornered in the bathroom. You shudder, still feeling your roommate's eyes scouring your body through the glass.