Chapter 9

TW: BDSM and Sexual Content - You're warned!!

***

When he walks through his front door, Loki instructs Fredrik on where to send the car to collect Sylene, and the trusty butler is wise not to mention the passed-out girl, cradled in his arms. He climbs the stairs and walks to your bedroom, nudging the door open with his foot before stepping inside.

He can't help but take a deep breath.

The whole room smells of you. It stirs something much more than lust in his gut. Something he dare not mention – dare not think.

It's impossible.

She's my student.

She's...

"Professor?" Your eyelids flutter before opening slightly, and in his position, Loki has a direct view of your breasts as they press tight against your dress. The image of your pale pink nipples swims unrestrained through his mind from the night he saw you in the bathtub. Fuck.

He forces his gaze to stay trained on your face.

"Ssh, we're home."

Loki lays you on the bed and brings the thick duvet cover over your waist. The idea of undressing you enters and exits his head in an instant – a fantasy that he doesn't have the right to fulfil. Instead, he compromises and fetches you a large glass of water, setting it down on the cabinet beside your bed.

Even in this state, you're like an angel lying there, your head cradled by the pillows.

His guest pillows. His guest bed.

Not that he usually has guests.

He still can't believe you're living here. The close proximity does things to him. At least with only having to see you at the university, he could pretend it hadn't happened. He could force himself to forget what he did.

Instead, here you are, under his roof.

And now he's killed someone to protect you.

Loki takes a deep breath and walks to the wall of windows overlooking the dark garden.

It wasn't meant to go this way. He was supposed to lay low and stay off any Asgardian radars, especially since he has to take care of Sif's daughter. With Sif gone and Thor vowing never to wed again or father any more children, Sylene is the future Queen of Asgard. He had to be careful.

Killing some random mortal wasn't being careful.

Using his magic wasn't being careful.

Loki grits his teeth, the muscle dancing in his jaw before he glances over his shoulder. Moonlight spreads over your peaceful face, your full pink lips, and your long tendrils of hair as they splay over the pillow.

She has such an innocence about her.

Even though none of this was the plan, protecting you was the right thing to do. He'd do it again if he had to.

He'd do it in an instant.

***

Your brain bangs a mad rhythm against your skull as you wake, bleary-eyed, taking in the bright morning light as it streams through the window.

God...what the hell happened last night?

You don't even remember making it back here. You remember getting ready with Sylene, and parts of the walk to the party. You remember the heat of bodies dancing.