CHAPTER:1

♤♡◇♧♤♡◇♧♤♡◇♧♤♡◇♧

Life is time bound. You miss even a second, you lose something. And everything second, I'm losing myself.

Well, I lost myself when I had amnesia. Amnesia is a thorn that I can't pull out. Its floating in my system, ready to attack my heart.

Since I've woken up with amnesia eight years ago, all I remember is a life of tragedy and pain. At the age of 22, I wonder how my life before amnesia was. Happy? Free?

I must force myself to remember, atleast give myself a few memories to go back to. But for eight years, the memories are blur but few have came back in pieces and puzzles. Puzzles that I am getting no where near completing.

I won't give up though. Because everything is not what it seems.

"Katherine, get up sweet child." My alarm clock decided to beep at the exact moment.

I groan.

I shut my alarm clock and rub my eyes. I stare at the wall in front of my bed, paintings and sketches were tapped to the wall. All were my memories, well puzzles of memories. I stare hard at the recent drawing, two kids, a guy and a girl playing at the back of a mansion- well more like a castle.

Another knock comes at my door. "Katherine. Wake up. I have to go. I'm going to be late."

At the age of 22, I still live with my Mom. Mostly because my mom is mentally unwell. Due to... due to Vinnie, Mom suffers mentally. Due to which, I go to community college.

I groan. "I'm up. I'm up." I push the comforter off of me and drag myself in the cold bathroom. I quickly wash myself and wore a oversized green hoodie and mom-jeans.

I go downstairs, to see the TV turned on.

"This is Nancy from DewDrops Channel, Texas. And today, we were informed that Calabrian Corp and Le Milieu have striked a deal. They are working on a secret project......"

I peaked in the kitchen. Oliver was opening the cookie jar, quietly.

I entered the kitchen quietly and stood behind him. I folded my arms and smirked. "Stealing cookies, are we?"

He screeches and fell down with a cookie in his mouth. I burst out laughing.

Oliver growls. "Why do you always do that?"

I ruffle his head. "Because its fun, bro." I chuckle.

He scowls. "I'll get back at you. Just wait."

Mom enters the kitchen and sighs. She beams at us,"Great. Your here. Lets go. Oh, I put your breakfast in the brown paper bag." She grabs her keys from the counter and goes to the front door. "Lets go kids."

Oliver and I side eye eachother, questioning 'whats up with her?' Oliver shrugs and shouts before running, "Sloth sits back!"

"Hey!"

We run to the car. I reach the front seat door and sat in.

"Hey! Not fair! I wanted to sit in the front." Oliver whined.

I pulled my tongue at him. Mom sighed. "Its okay, Oliver. Sit in the back. Katherine. Grow up."

I freeze. I recalled a memory of being disciplined by a lady. I haven't told my mother about these puzzles. I don't want to worry her. I told her I'm not getting any memories back and she took me to a doctor who shrugged and said, I guess its permanent amnesia.

Mom wasn't worried though, she shrugged and without a worry threw away amnesia out of our lives. Which got me worried.

What is Mom hiding?

I shouldn't doubt my Mom, but after all we've been through, she did lied about Vinnie being my father.

♤♡◇♧♤♡◇♧♤♡◇♧♤♡◇♧

"You got a memory back didn't you?"

I spurt out water. Eric pulls away his food tray at the right moment. "Huh? What? No! No."

I eye the mess I did and apologized sheepishly, "Sorry."

He sighs. "You need to tell your mother, Sarge. If you don't, how else would you join the pieces?"

Eric, my best friend with amazing humoristic personality, and a guy who loves to dye his hair. Currently, its green. I'm in New Jersey University cafeteria with Eric, in the back bench. We usually sit outside, but its Autumn, and its cold out.

"Your right, Eric but what if she sends me to a therapist? She tried to after-" I gulped. I took a deep breath in.

Rosaline, I'm here to help you. I don't want to be here, nor you. So, lets help each other. Close your eyes and count to ten or keep on counting, till your breathing normal.

I start counting in my head. "Okay?" Eric asks, worried. "Water?" I drank water in huge gulps.

"Hey, slow down."

I put the empty bottle down and wiped my mouth with the back of my hand, and sighed. Eric shook his head. "I am a horrible influence on you."

I rolled my eyes. "As I was saying, I don't want to go to therapy. What-" sigh, "what Vinnie did, scared us, scared Ollie. And I don't think therapy will help me with that. Especially after the last therapist."

The last therapist was a pervert and pedophile. She attacked Ollie, so instead of reducing our trauma, we have another load to add.

Eric sighs. "You know I care about you. Right, Sarge?"

I smiled and nodded. "Well, I need you to know that we are a package. Share your burden with me. Thats what are friends for."

I salute him. "Okay Sargent Raven."

He salutes me too. "Good to know Sargent Songbird."

We chuckle.

He continued telling me how he pranked Mrs. Quil- our biology teacher. I tried my best to focus, I really did, but my eye caught two men in black suit outside the cafeteria door. And they stared right at me.

♤♡◇♧♤♡◇♧♤♡◇♧♤♡◇♧