CHAPTER: 5

♤♡◇♧♤♡◇♧♤♡◇♧♤♡◇♧

Amnesia is a prick. It makes you lose yourself. It makes you be lost in life. You can't make good decisions because you don't have a clear picture.

Sketching something from your imagination is hard. You only have blurred appearance of what you're sketching. The details are what you put consciously. Amnesia took away my conscience. My consciousness of good decision-making, my consciousness of life, and my consciousness of truth.

"Rosaline, sweetie, I'm so sorry. I'm sorry I left you with that monster." Papa apologized with tears rolling down his cheek. "I failed as a father." He kissed my tiny hands.

I shook my head. My ponytail swinging along with me. "Papa, just don't leave me again. I promise I will be good. I will be disciplined. I-I, just don'tsent me away." I cried.

"Shh. Shh." He cups my cheek. "I never wanted you disciplined. I sent you so that you don't feel lonely here because your mother was away."

"I don't Papa if I'm alone here. This is my home. I just want to be with you." Hot tears kept rolling down my cheeks. Papa finally pulled me into his embrace.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

"Where's Mommy?" Katrina asked. She was a Mommy's girl. I believe she loves Mommy more, and Mommy loves her more. It makes me sad. But Papa says it's okay because I have Papa!

Papa bents down to our level and pulls Rina close. "Your mother was unwell, so she went on a vacation to get better. Doctor's orders. She needs to relax."

"Vacation without us? Does she hate us? Hate me?" Katrina asked, her lips wobbled.

"No, no, dear." Papa kissed her forehead.

I want Papa to kiss my forehead. I pouted.

"Is it because Katherine broke the vase grandma gifted to her?" Katrina side eyed me.

I gasped, "I didn't do it -"

"Yes, you did!" She sneered at me.

"I didn't. And stop calling me Katherine. It's Rosaline."

She scoffs, "You're saying that because Kaiden calls you by that name and that stupid nickname. Soon, he will figure out what a witch you are, and he will leave you and forget about you."

My lips wobbled, "No! He will not."

"And he will leave you just like Mommy left us because of you -"

"Katrina! Enough!" Papa shouted at Katrina. whereas hot tears rolled down my cheeks.

"I don't want to hear such things from your mouth again! Go to your room." He orders her. Katrina glares at him, then scoffed at my crying and left Papa's office.

A gentle but rough hand grabs my hand. "Come here, sweet girl. Stop crying." I sobbed. Papa pulls me in his embrace.

He rubs my back. "It's okay."

"I-I didn't do it, Papa. I didn't do it." I stuttered the words out. He nodded along. "I know. I know. You didn't break the vase. Your mommy didn't go alone to vacation because of you."

"And Kaiden won't leave me, right? Right Papa?" I looked at him with teary eyes.

He kissed my forehead. "Kaiden will never leave you. Never. In fact, how about I call his father and tell him to bring Kaiden along with? Or does my princess want to go to her room and just watch cartoons all day? Hm?"  He asks with a smirk.

I quickly rub my face, wiping away the tears and sniffled. "I want him to come, Papa. I want him to come."

Papa choked but cleared his throat. He smiled, "Go get freshen up then."

I run towards my room, giggling all the way.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

"Rosa, be careful."

I giggled. "Catch me if you can!" I didn't bother over my shoulder to see if he was coming. I just ran. We’ve played this game a hundred times before; he gives me a look, and I start running. It was our own version of tag. He was forever the chaser, and I was forever the one who ran. He’d catch me every single time, no matter how hard I tried.

And soon, Kaiden grabbed me from my waist. I squealed. "Caught you." He whispered in my ear. I giggled.

I turned around in his grip to meet with his stormy grey eyes. He grinned. "That's one way to greet."

I giggled. "Kai!" I hugged him.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

I sat numb on the floor. Auntie Mony lay dead on the floor. Blood pooled out of her neck and forehead. A bullet hole right at the centre of her forehead. She layed their with her mouth and eyes wide open.

"Rosa?"

A voice called. It was familiar, but it seemed as if I was underwater. Drowning.

"Rosa?" A hand settled on my shoulder. I flinched back and crawled into the corner of the room.

"Rosa. It's me. Your Kaiden."

Kaiden?

"K-kai?" My voice cracked. I look up to see a boy with brown hair, grey eyes, and beautiful features.

I giggled. He hates it when I call him beautiful. Maybe, that's why he didn't come to get me. Tears blurred my sight.

"Rosa. I'm going to touch you, okay?"

I screamed and sobbed. "No! No! You left me! You left!!!!"

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

My eyes snapped open, but I squeezed them shut due to the blinding light.

I groaned and grunted.

A gasp. "Katherine. "

"R-Rosaline." I muttered.

"What?"

I snapped my eyes open and glared at my mother, who had tears in her eyes. "My name is Rosaline Ciavarella."

She gasps.

Amnesia is a prick.

♤♡◇♧♤♡◇♧♤♡◇♧♤♡◇♧