CHAPTER: 4

♤♡◇♧♤♡◇♧♤♡◇♧♤♡◇♧

Running away always seems the easiest answer when it comes to facing problems. What if we forget about hard and easy, and focus on tactic and strategy.

Good. Better. Best.

The best thing is to face the problem rather than running away. I'm not running away, I'm simply collecting my toughts before I chat with my mother.

Currently, I am hiding behind a bush. It's dark and cold. Even though I wore a thick black coat and applied mosquito serum, I still have mosquito bites. And I'm trying my best not to move much due to other insects crawling around, I don't be caught. I want to catch the watcher. Soon, I hear a car engine. My ear and ead perk up, delighted to hear it. I grin.

Finally.

But my smile dropped as I saw a black SUV park near the bush instead. I was mildly curious now. I peaked through the bushes. The door of the SUV opened, and men in black came out. They were not wearing MIB suits but were wearing black on black jeans and hoodies, with black mask covering their faces.

I gulped. I felt my heart beat speead. The cold I felt before was gone, I was nunb, and my hands were sweaty.

I should've stayed in.

"This it?"

"Yeah. I stalked a boring girl for five days. Don't doubt me."

I frowned. Scoff. I'm not boring.

"Well, damn. She ran away to here. Who leaves a castle and lives in an attic?"

Our house is not bad. It's a middle-class house. They should check their clothes. I bet they haven't showered for two months straight and smell bad.

"Let's go. Before Mr.Calabrian shoots us."

Calabrian? Now, where did I hear it before?

Another set of wheels wheel on the road. I grinned, seeing the familiar pickup truck. A door slams shut, and I see the man's face for the first time. And I am stunned.

Jack Reed stands in a black hoodie and blue jeans, and his blue eyes glow in the dark. He glared at the six men in masks. I pulled out my camera and recorded them.

"Who are you?"

"Your worst nightmare if you don't leave this place." His voice came out deep and dangerous compared to his usual light-hearted and friendly voice.

They men laughed. "Ye hear this kid?"

Jack smirks. "Don't say I didn't warn you."

And I took that moment, to take a picture from my phone and forgot to turn the flash off.

Click.

Every head snapped towards the bush where I hid.

Shit.

It got quiet, except the crickets. Those little shits never shut up.

I darted out of the bush and ran straight away from them, away from my house.

"Get her!" They shouted. I hear heavy footsteps stomping on the gravel.

"Run!" Who the heck is that? Pick up truck guy? Don't care. Focus on running.

Shit. Shit. I forgot my camera recorder.

Focus Katherine. Focus.

Count with me. One. Two. Three. Focus, Rosa. You need to live first. You need to live.

I need to live first.

True that. My legs moved faster than ever before. Reminder: Start gym.

I kick a trash can. Without looking back, I heard a curse and heard someone fall down.

I kept running.

You can do it, Rosa. I believe in you.

I believe in myself.

I reached the market, but it was a ghosttown as it was late at night. But I saw 24/7 grocery store open. I sighed in relief.

I just needed to run for a little.... bit more.

I neared the store and was about to wave at the guy behind the cash register, but a hand grabbed my hair and pulled me back.

"NO! NO!-" A hand covered my mouth. "Shut up!" He hissed.

I gagged. His breath stinked. Forget about shower. He needs toothpaste.

He dragged me back.

No!

No! This can't be happening.

I need to do something.

I need to get away!

Fight Katherine.

Believe yourself.

Believe in yourself, Rosa.

I would need to get an appointment with a dentist after this. I bite his hand. He screeched like a Karen. But loosened his grip on me.

I elbowed his ribs and pulled away.

"Where the fuck you think you're going?" He gritted and pulled me back again by my hair.

Ow!

I shouted. "HELP! HELP!"

He slams his hand on my mouth again. I shook my head.

No!

No!

"What have I told you?"

I sniffled.

"What have I told you?!" She smacks the meter rod on my arm.

I jump. "No crinkles."

"And what is this?" She points at my dress.

I lowered my head even more if possible.

"A crinkle." I stated, lowly.

"Speak up, child!" She shouted.

"A crinkle. " I said, a bit loudly but with a tremble in it.

"Look at me." I look up at her, meet her eyes.

"You are useless. Look at your sister. She is so disciplined and lady-like. You? You are a rat!" She slaps me. I fell down from her slap and cried hard. "Auntie Mony. Please...."

"What did I say about calling me Auntie?" She questioned.

She slapped me again and again. Didn't mattered how much I pleaded her to stop.

Tears rolled down my cheeks as he was about to put me in the SUV but was pushed away from his grip.

My head slammed to the hard pavement. I heard grunts and pucnhes being thrown. But eyesight blurred, but I could see a familiar figure punch the MIB in cheap.

I tried to be conscious but I the needle in my brain peirced through and the thorn pricked my heart and I black out.

♤♡◇♧♤♡◇♧♤♡◇♧♤♡◇♧