Epilogue

♤♡◇♧♤♡◇♧♤♡◇♧♤♡◇♧

"Long ago, two notorious mafia families in New York; Cosa Nostra and Bratva, were at war. Despite engaging in activities such as weapon shipments and other criminal enterprises, they refrained from inflicting harm upon civilians. However, their ruthlessness and cruelty were reserved for enemies and traitors. A Spanish Mafia Family strategically placed a man within both Cosa Nostra and Bratva, instigating conflict between them."

"In the aftermath of a substantial attack, the sons of the mafia leaders, Peter Vincenzo and Fred Aleksandr, chose to convene in a cemetery. Accompanied by their children, who innocently played together, the adults negotiated a pact. They agreed that, upon reaching a specific age, their children would marry, serving as a symbol of truce and lasting peace. From Vincenzo's family, Cole Vincenzo was to marry Cadence Aleksandr– daughter of Fred Aleksandr. And Lily Vincenzo was to marry son of Aleksandr, Cameron Aleksandr."

I stood at the living room's threshold, staring and listening to them. Jade sat near the fireplace, with Karl resting against the couch, and Mia huddled against Jade. I was hidden in the shadows. They didn't know I was there.

"What about Rosaline?" Karl asks Jade. Jade pauses for a moment. "Who?"

Jenna scoffed at her sister's attempt to keep it secret. Jade glares at her.

"Rosaline. Obviously." Mia answered.

The corner of my lip lifted.

Jade audibly gulped, where as, Jenna–her twin– sneered at them, "Don't ask that in front of Kaiden. Okay?"

Both nodded and pouted.

"Rosaline Ciavarella is your sister-in-law Karl."

Everyone flinched and gasped as soon as they heard me. I prowled to the couch where Karl rested against. I sat on it, Karl rested against my leg.

Jenna and Jade were silent as graveyards. It was like they were not even breathing. Good. They should listen well and clear about my Rose.

"Rosa and I were childhood friends, destined to be entwined together our entire lives." Karl stared at me with a smile. "Was she pretty?"

I closed my eyes as I recalled her smile and giggles. "She was ethereal. And, she was mine. Will always be."

"Woah." Mia stares at me, amazed.

"When will I meet her?" Karl asked and pouted. "It's not fair, I don't know her."

I pinch his chin. "Soon, baby bro. Soon."

"Really?" His eyes gleam with excitement.

Maybe, quite similar to the way mine did a moment ago when I got a call from my Uncle Fan.

She agreed to come home.

She agreed.

♤♡◇♧♤♡◇♧♤♡◇♧♤♡◇♧