17

"You not coming with me?" Miranda asked walking into the room wearing a black dress and stiletto heels.

"Damn is this the club or work?" Ben asked, looking her up and down.

"What? This is a regular dress. I'm not showing a lot of cleavage or anything. I could wear this to a funeral."

"Yeah, you could because you are killing this look."

"You are so." She laughed loudly, leaning down to kiss his lips. "That was corny."

"I know, but to answer your question, I wasn't. It's your intern mixer. You should go and mingle with the people you will be working closely with for the foreseeable future."

"I know, but I thought you were coming." She pouted. "Please Benjamin other people are bringing their spouses." She added, giving him her Bailey's eyes.

"Not the big brown eyes. How can I say no to that?..." He countered, staring into them. "Alright, you win."

"Thank you. I can take the kids to the daycare while we are there. It shouldn't last too long."

"Ok. Let me find something to wear."

"I already ironed your shirt and laid out your pants." Miranda smiled, pointing to the chair in their room

"Oh, you just knew I was going to say yes."

"What can I say, female intuition." She giggled and watched him get up and grab his clothes. "The kids are ready too." She winked.

When Ben re-emerged from the bathroom he was in black pants and a white shirt that he had unbuttoned at the top.

"You look handsome." She said, standing in front of their dresser. Handing him her favorite cologne and he sprayed it on.

"Thank you." He told her kissing her neck.

"You driving?"

"Don't I always."

"No."

The two walked into the hospital and took the kids to the daycare. Ben tried to memorize how to get there for the future. The hospital was huge and a beautiful facility. His wife seemed like she had a pretty good idea of where everything was already. When they got to the room the mixer was in he watched as she took a deep breath trying to calm her nerves.

"Hey, why are you nervous?"

"I'm not."

"You are."

"Fine. I'm meeting my attendings tonight."

"And you'll be great. It's not work. You don't have to show off your skills. Just go in here and be you."

"Be me, the shy nerdy girl."

"You are far from the shy nerdy girl. If you were still that way I would be concerned. This field is competitive and people will be cruel and vicious. I know you can handle it though. You can handle anything."

"Thank you."

"Now breathe...Go in there and be Miranda, not Mandy."

"I love you. You know that." She grinned standing on her tiptoes to get to his lips. Even in her heels she still couldn't reach him.

Ben kissed her lips and then made sure her lipstick was still intact. Taking a deep breath she held his hand tightly as they walked inside.

"Dr. Bailey. Nice to see you again." Webber smiled walking over to her.

Ben looked over at Miranda and his eyebrows furrowed.

"You too sir. I'm looking forward to Monday."

"Me too. You guys seem like an exciting group this year."