Chapter 9:The Woodland Mansion

Loud footsteps echoed through red carpeted halls, paling the thunder outside. Screams and groans could be heard from afar, along with what seemed to be cracking wood and smashing stone. Off in the distance, a white beam of light passed through the halls for a brief moment, as though the danger was over. But, more yells and grunts followed as 4 figures hid away in a room of Grey and Black carpeting, the windows blocked up with stone. They shut the large dark oak door, just as thunderous steps passed, making them shake. 1 of their bones rattled as Violet covered her mouth to stop herself screaming. "Oh Notch what do we do...what do...?" Felix asked, pacing on all 8 of his legs around the room, clambering walls and floor alike.

Before any of them could do anything, a small crack opened in the room's midst, the sound was deafening, yet the thing outside didn't seem to be coming towards them. The crackle and sputter of sparks of light spewed forth two people, each seeming to fall out. The tear of space-time sealed off shut as Red got up, groaning in pain, Blue faceplanted on the wall.

"RED!!!" Skeleton cried out, as the 3 of them hugged him. Violet's arms wrapped around all 3 as they gasped in happiness at seeing their old friend. "How have you been?" she asked, looking at him and squeezing his face with her long fingers.

"I'm good...."Red replied, his face smashed by Violet's grip. She, Felix and Skel looked at Blue, whose eyes immediately avoided Violet's purple. "You know that Endermen Red?" he asked, nervously as Felix approached.

"Oh, these are just some friends I made a while back. There's Vi, the Endermen.." Red explained as Blue accidentally stared at her eyes. Yet, she didn't seem to react, to his surprise. She gave him back a frightening gaze, making him feel weird as he looked away, like she had tried to enter him in some kind of way. "Then there's Skell...." he said as she posed her bones and bow, a small playful smirk on her face. This posing was cut short by a hairy, extended leg tripping her over. "And there's Felix." Red finished as above, they heard the giggle of the large, hairy, eight-legged creature, looking down mischievously at the 3. Skeleton threw her bow at him, annoyed, only for him to dodge.

"Anyways, what the hell was that thing outside?" Blue asked, still cautious of the distant echoes of thunderous footsteps. The bookshelves shook on the walls as small flows of dust seeped out of the ceiling from the rumbles. Vincent lost his grip, falling on his, his legs wiggling in the air as he cried out in agony. Skell grabbed on his legs and flipped back over, as a book fell out of one of the shelves.

"It's a Ravager. But..." Skell started as another crash echoed through the halls of the huge mansion. "Something's wrong with it. It won't listen to Sir, and he can command all mobs against players.".

"Wait you mean.....Herobrine can't...control it?" Red asked as Blue saw a glint of genuine fear in his eyes. In the distance, they heard a slam as Wither roared and the sounds of mushy, live skulk vines boomed throughout the mansion. Red's ears rang as a boom echoed through, blasting through the corridor behind the and putting a small hole through the walls where they could see blue rings.

"That must've been Ward, the new guy. He's pretty tough from what I've heard." Felix explained as, through the hole could be heard the angered and distressed screams of the Warden, thundering down the corridor with alarming pace for its size, making the floors crack and the mansion shake. Behind a slew and slurry of black and teal vines and moss was crawling through, being destroyed by blasts and strikes and dissipating into sparkling green orbs.

Through a wall, a figure was warped through. His clothes were tattered, his elbows and knees scratched and his body showed signs of damage. Yet his eyes shone a fierce bright light, piercing the vision of whoever looked right into them. "SIR!!!" The three mobs yelled, hugging the figure tight, his aqua shirt and black suit was torn with dirt and blood on the waistline. Herobrine reciprocated the hug with a pat on each mob's back.