Chapter 13: Two Broken Kings

With a slam, the door had a gaping hole, taller than a giraffe and as wide as a hippo. The golden sparks made the dimly lit grey brick walls light up in a semi-divine glow. The entire island rumbled from the far-off consumption of that "New Abyss". The cell behind was lit up by a purple beam from the center island which cast lilac rays through the bars. Mango held the staff as he heard footsteps. In a panic, he slammed a strange, orange sweet thing onto Navy's face.

"GAH!!! WHAT THE-!?" he yelped, only for Mango to put his Pumpkin on. He beckoned to the several Endermen clambering around the halls, then to the Pumpkin he wore. Then his eyes and theirs. Navy, despite the little words, immediately knew what had been said. 

"No way it does...." He audibly gasped. Yet his suspicions were proven correct when an Endermen grabbed him with its large clawed fingers and stared right into his eyes. Now that the mouth wasn't letting out that annoyingly visceral screech, he could see the deepness of those Magenta eyes, so pigmented and mind-boggling powerful that it made him wish to rip his own eyes out. He gently pushed the creature off of him, knowing better than to use force on such a powerful monstrous thing.

The group of Endermen seemed indifferent, gathered around one carrying a dirt block and communicating in their strange language of croaks and growls, understood only by them. They seemed to be fantasized and entranced by this pile of soil, brown with little pebbles and adorned with a green, fluffy grass hair. Each on passed the block, its eyes shimmering and it's fingers rubbing the sides and poking holes through, like children playing with clay.

Navy continued, walking past them quietly. Mango strode with a valour of confidence, like he was new man. "Say, I think Purple talked about this place." he said, speaking at normal volume. The act startled Navy, whom looked back, only to see the Endermen still playing around with their precious dirt block. "I haven't heard much about it.".

"I have. Or at least, different versions." Navy added, as he eased up, knowing now that he could walk and talk freely without the creatures attacking him. "Some people said he was a coward who sold out the village he ruled just to get some dragon's poor egg. Other people say he was looking for glory and then honourably gave it up to save the village, returning the egg to its mother.".

"Well, what version do you believe in?" Mango asked, jokingly nudging him with his elbow. Navy responded with a light hearted jab of his own elbow back, as they climbed the steep and narrow stairs. "Obviously the version that paint him the best!" both seemed to recite at the same time as the floors beneath them turned to red and gold carpets, and the walls from brick to smooth patterned wall paper.

"But every version has one detail the same at the end." he said, as they could a cranking from outside. There was a strange heat, like heavy breaths were outside all the curtained windows on the outside. The sounds of distant footsteps in the thousands were low and dim from the thick walls of the fortress as they made their way down the elongated hall. "That egg always hatched into a small, baby dragon. One who returns to the end with his mother after giving her a roar.".

"Aw. Sounds perfect for them." MT said, as he held out an arm in front of Navy. The shorter companion stopped as they could hear several foot steps echo through the rooms. Endermen were scuffling about, seeming tense and drawing straws from around the corner, the groups all in conversation with each other.

They stopped, right before the duo. Each Endermen opened their hands, fingers crawling from the large, bony palms. The one closest to Navy had found itself with smallest Chorus fruit, causing them to make a screech with its unhinged jaw. Navy backed away as it threw a punch at a wall in seeming rage. In the same instant, they saw him and their eyes seemed to twitch.

"WON IED!!!!" They screeched through the barely audible, cryptic voice as their hands grabbed a hold off him. He was taken aback by the strength, feeling his arms seem to tighten as he rose of his feet. It was gonna kill him as collateral in ITS own rage. He closed his eyes, not even daring to make a peep as he expected to be ripped apart.