The ERA of Searching : What Felt Like a Dream

It was fuzzy, at least that's what it felt for Mikey. As soon as he opened that portal he passed out – but only for a few seconds! Everything felt numb for a bit, peaceful maybe? That was until the box turtle felt the feeling of pins and needles through his arm. Though it wasn't a good feeling, almost like it was cranked up to five thousand. His eyes shot open, no screams escaping his lungs, just a silent scream and some tears. As he sat in Raph's lap while Leo was propped up against Donnie while the soft shell made a phone call. Something caught his eyes, in a distant alley; watching the turtles from afar. A pair of green glowing eyes with glowing yellow marks, maybe spikes? It was all blurry.

The scene more or less felt like a dream, something pulled right out of a movie. "Mikey, are you okay?" Raph asked, noticing that the box turtle was coming around again. When Mikey didn't answer back he looked over to the place Mikey was staring at, seeming to see nothing besides an alley. "Mikey," Raph started, getting the box turtle's attention finally. "Are you okay?" he asked. His hands rested on Mikey's shoulders seeing nothing wrong with the orange clad besides the burns on his arms. Mikey nodded slowly, giving a thumbs up with a pained expression before shifting around to stand up again. Raph made sure to keep beside him, making sure Mikey didn't plan to fall face first into the concert again to the ground.

"I-Is Leo, good?" he asked, looking at the slider propped in Donnie's lap.

"Yeah, Leo's doing okay Mike's. You need to sit down though, you just passed out." Raph answered, getting Mikey to do what he advised. They sat close together, Donnie keeping a close eye on Leo while they waited for any sort of pick up from April. Raph started to wrap any injuries that were bleeding, just in case it took longer for April to get to their location, slowly moving the group under a sheltered building to avoid any search lights from helicopters. After a few hours the sounds of screeching tires came from the bridge over, a pair of headlights approaching the building the turtles huddled under. As soon as the van came to a screeching halt April came flying out, accompanying the turtles quickly. "Are you guys okay!?" April panicked as she slid to their side on the ground. Raph looked up at April with a slight smile before clearing his throat.

"We're good, just help Donnie to the van. I got Leo and Mikey." Raph muttered, standing up with a sleeping Mikey on his back. He slowly came near Donnie with a worried glance before placing a hand under Leo's head and legs. He poked at Donnie's shoulder carefully, making sure he didn't mess up the wrappings. "Don, Raph needs you to follow April. I got Leo for now." he whispered. The soft shell woke up slightly, feeling Leo be pulled away from his arms and the new feeling of April's hands on his shoulders.

"Hey Von Ryan, let's get you to the van." April smiled, giving Raph a worried glance before getting the soft shell to stand up. As April slowly led Donnie towards the van, Raph started to travel behind them, waking up Mikey slightly.

"Wha's goin' on?" the box turtle slurred.

"April is bringing us home Mike's. Get some more rest." Raph stated. April slid open the van door, relieving Splinter and Casey sitting anxiously in the back seat. As soon as Splinter got the first look at them, his face changed from anxious to completely worried.

"Boys," he muttered, downcasted by their damaged looks. The rat stood up slowly, gathering beside Leo and Donnie as Raph climbed inside the van.

"Rapheal," Casey started, a bit panicked at first before pausing. "What happened..." he asked, quieter. Raph glanced at Casey with a burdened look, not knowing what to say as Mikey slept almost peacefully in his arms.

"Mikey... somehow got Leo out of the portal. They're okay, I made sure of it." Raph muttered, clearing slow tears forming in his eyes. "Leo's been passed out for a while, Don fell asleep after a while of waiting, and Mikey has been sleeping since he was told Leo was okay." he finished. The van started up again, beginning to drive while Casey started to get a good idea on what was actually wrong with the brothers. Starting with the worst, Leo. His expressions didn't give a straight answer on if the slider was okay or not but before long Casey stopped, writing down a few notes before looking over at Raph's worried glances.

"Sens- Leo is stable for now... his lungs and throat are damaged, along with his legs, shell, and a few spots on his left arm. He doesn't have a concussion, luckily but does need stitches when we get back." Casey explained before facing Donnie for a quick check. Raph didn't even know how Casey got the information about the slider's lungs or throat, maybe the difference in breathing patterns? He couldn't understand but at least Raph knew Leo was stable.

The car ride wasn't much fun; Donnie's shell was damaged, along with his hands and eyes. Mikey's arms and head needed attention. As for Raph, his left eye needed attention, along with his shell and right hand. Casey wanted to do a head check just in case, other than the physical injuries all of the turtle's had a high fever. When the van stopped, April opened the doors again, looking over the brothers one more time before taking a deep breath. "Casey, I need you to take Leo to med bay. Splints, if you can help lead Donnie that would be great and Raph, if you can hold Mikey and make your way towards the med bay too." April explained, giving everyone orders to follow.

Raph nodded, standing up sluggishly with Mikey in his arms as both April and Casey helped carry Leo. Splinter and Donnie walked slowly behind the group, getting to the med bay slowly. Raph sat Mikey down on one of the cots while Leo was laid onto a cot closest to the door and Donnie was making his way to the third one. Before Raph could go over to his, the soft shell knocked over a small cart, getting spooked at the sudden loud noise and jumping backwards. As he wobbled around April ran over to steady the soft shell before taking over leading Donnie towards the cot. When Donnie got settled into the cot April looked at the only two unharmed people with a determined look in her eyes.

"Okay, Casey, list off what you need for supplies. Me and Splints will get it and meet back here. I need you to stay here just in case something goes wrong. I need to call my ma in the meantime as well. Got it?" April explained, getting two sharp nods from both. "Okay, let's do this." she smiled. Casey grabbed a piece of paper and started writing what he needed down, causally glancing at the turtles to remind himself of anything he might've forgot.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------