CHAPTER 1|| Royalty.

November 15th.

This day happened to be the worst of a particular Birthday girl's life.. princess salt, the only heir to her mother's throne; had received dire news a few hours prior. The girl threw herself onto her large bed, the springs squeaking and clattering beneath her weight as she pulled a pillow into her chest; suppressing the strong emotion that threatened to spill from her being at any moment, all that pent-up anger transforming into sadness. Slowly she took a breath, sitting up. Princess Salt stared out of the window into the endless abyss, the day's events running through her mind in a blur.

What kind of could have caught her so disturbed–
So exasperated? What worries could she have? She was a princess after all!

What kind of could have caught her so disturbed–So exasperated? What worries could she have? She was a princess after all!

☆[SALTS POV]☆

☆[SALTS POV]☆

It was an objectively chilly November day; chatter and laughter emerged from the outside markets. my eyes narrowed as I groaned. What time was it? Early, it must've been. The sun had barely risen! But what could I have expected? Many folks of mine had to work early to provide for their families, a problem my mother had inflected upon them years from the current; Something I'd put an end to once queen. Though never understanding my mother's methods I would not dare to question them. I ran my hand through my silky white hair, the length being quite a bother. inhaling the scent of whatever was cooking downstairs; my eyes flashed to the outside; and then to my door. I was exhausted, but.. Princesses must wake up early! Or.. So, that's what I was taught, more now than ever. It wasn't always easy living my life.. well.. who am I kidding? It always was! Today was my 19th birthday, and I refused to let this day go to waste. Every year it was the same, a huge festival! But.. this year, I wanted anything but that. 18 years of it has gotten old. Heavens, it got old by the sixth! Even as a girl, I knew it wasn't for me, but my mother insisted. A Nice walk oughta' do. Rarely did I have time to myself, and I was fortunate enough for my mother to accept my request. Though, I'd have to be watched.

I slipped out of my Nightgown into a pink dress; decorated with flowers and such. I forced my matching corset over it, pulling and tugging at the complicated strings. Even at age nineteen I still could not figure out how to get this thing on. With a sour expression plastered onto my face, I exited my room, my knights and guards already in position. Eyeing every one of them with a grimace, I scowled, ignoring the maids and butlers trying desperately to catch my attention whether it would be to ask questions or provide recommendations, in which they were held off by the knights. I could never say I was a morning person. silently, I made my way down the stairs which spiraled. I could hear them follow me. It got old fast. Never could I be satisfied with basic necessities, I often became bored too quickly. Sometimes I feel trapped. However; I couldn't complain too much.
The money, the fame, the recognition I received didn't disappoint. I couldn't say I wasn't like.. that upset.