☆CH. 1 PG.6☆

'Cheesy'
-That's all trophy could think about that morning. Despite having the worst hangover of his life- he couldn't get that boy out of his head. He shouldn't have cared, yes, but he'd interacted with a peasant, for heaven's Sake! Trophy groaned as he sat up. He didn't attempt to fix his appearance despite being all for caring about his public reputation. Instead, he let his hair hang loose, leaving his crown behind on his nightstand, tripping over himself and stumbling.
The scent of alcohol and a strong perfume lingered on his clothing, it made him sick. The prince hopped into the shower, Passing his maids and butlers who stood by, a look of concern plastered on their shriveled faces. The shower ran hot, steam filling the air and blurring the mirror whilst trophy's thoughts ran through his head uncontrollably. He couldn't marry her, and he wouldn't. A mere village's girl would've been better! Why couldn't he choose? Why didn't he have a say? He needed someone to blame.

As the man finished up, he stepped out, his face flushed as he adjusted to the uncomfortably tailored clothing.

Footsteps echoed through the halls once more as he arrived at the throne room, watching as Queen Goldie filled out papers and treaties, the knights standing guard. Her gaze soon turned to trophy, a faint smile on her face.
"..Oh, dear. I was so worried about you!"
She stood, giving the knights a nod of affirmation. In sync, they'd march off, allowing the royals some privacy.

"Our knights told me you were...out. late. I am sorry about what happened at the Kingdom of Spices, I hadn't known you two wouldn't.."
She trailed off, realizing the stern glare he held on her.

-"..My father. you said he'd organized the whole thing.. who is he? I will not stop asking. I refuse to marry the princess, and I want answers!"
He demanded, his fist slamming into the wall.. she remained unphased however; she was used to his temper. It was that of his fathers.
"..Trophy, you and I both know I cannot give you an..efficient answer. But I do know one thing, he loved you very much.." A hand fell onto trophys cheek, her eyes narrowed sweetly. For the first time in years, trophy didn't believe..nor trust her.

"Loved me? Right. For three years."
Trophy tugged away from her touch, eyes cast downwards. "He left us Sixteen years ago- he'll never be coming back, but you're in charge... call it off, would you?"
He demanded fist clenched.. "..It's not that simple!" Her voice raised in pitch, Queen Goldie would never get loud with trophy. Her wings flared slightly, causing trophy to tug away.

"Trophy, I am sick and tired of your blatant disrespect!"
She'd screech, arms crossed. Trophy retaliated rather quickly- "And I'm tired of the lies, a-and- and secrets, mother! Why do we have to be so secretive? What are you hiding?!-"

-"I am not required to answer those questions, trophy! I want you in your bedroom, and I want you to think about-"
-"And you still treat me like a dammed child! To hell with this!"
With that he vanished, footsteps heavy as he dragged himself to his room. He paced the large area with great frustration.. not knowing much else to do, He calmed himself. Only a little. He sat on a stool and began painting.

For a moment, he thought of going back to the comedians' place, it was much better than staying in this hell hole. With every stroke and dip of the brush, his anger subsided, transforming into an air of peace. It was pure bliss, and he continued, until sunset.. that was until, a sharp object hit trophys window. It caused the window to crack, ever so slightly. His anger immediately boiled up again as he cursed himself under his breath, storming to the window and peering outside.

And there he was. Cheesy, holding a bunch of small yet devastatingly sharp rocks in his palm, looking around cautiously. Trophy practically gagged- How in God's name- did he make it over there? His blood ran cold for a second as Cheesy made eye contact with him, dropping the rocks one he knew he'd gotten his attention. damn it. Trophy rolled his eyes and shut the window- much too tired to pay attention to this idiot. Even then, the sounds of rocks being thrown never failed to falter. And that was all trophy needed to be pushed over the edge.