Beginning of it all

And there she was, the most free spirited woman i'd ever met. My mom comes slamming the passnager door from some mans truck, looked like a dodge i think. It wasnt my dad, he wasnt ever sober enough to drive. But i could tell that was my mother 'fore she stepped out the truck, my mom was this skinny woman with a big birght smile and long dark hair. Anytime she was around she'd find a way to make me laugh. It wasnt her fault you know. Us being here. She can't help but bounce around, she says its in her soul. This time was different though. She saw me and barely said a word. When i saw her she was wearing a yellow dress with buttons and flowers on it. Tha rash mustve been back becuase i could see it all on her neck. They made me sit in the Bed of the truck. When we drove off she told me it was the last time shed pick me up or so help me god. Who ever that is. We drove to town and kept going. corpus christie was no town to stop in less it was where yall were headin. We finally stopped at this short building with words on it that spelt real funny like 'Simp-er Fidee-lus.' When she got out the truck she didnt even wait for me, i figured she was putting me to work by the way she kept her head low. At the last home, they had us boys workin the factories from dusk till dawn. Exploitin cheap labor but hell aint that a texacons creed, that is till larry decieded it was good idea to break some stuff and got us booted.

When she talked to this guy she talked low enough i couldnt hear her, I's was sitting by the winduh and watched as her new boyfriend started rollin himself a smoke. What i wouldnt give for one of those right about now.