consoling kaya (18+)

Synopsis: Suna comforts Kaya after his conversation with Nükhet. Inspo: https://x.com/ADiziland/status/1748024697424412708?s=20

A/N: giving what the YC writers did not give 💅

━━━━━━━

Kaya recalled his mother's innocent gaze as she asked him what was wrong with her. Whether he should feel sympathy for his mother or himself, he didn't know. He just knew his mother needed love and care as much as she needed treatment. In the mansion full of Korhans, a family people praised and idolized, he never knew how cold and hollow one could feel. There was no family here-no love, care, support. He was alone with his mother who sometimes considered him her son and other times her enemy.

As he sat with his head clutched in his hands, weeping at the misfortune he called his life, he didn't notice his mother leaving his arms and walking out of his room. His head only shot up when he heard a knock on his door.

"Kaya?" Suna's voice came from the other side.

Suna. Suna was there. He wasn't entirely alone, at least today he wasn't. Sometimes his wife left him alone too, to meet with Seyran, Ferit, and that other man. He wondered if she would stay with him tonight if she saw him crying. Or would she run off to save someone else, comfort someone else rather than her own husband?

"I'm fine!" he said, loud enough for her to hear through the door. He wiped the tears from his eyes and took a few deep breaths, ready to return to the dinner table before a bigger fuss was made.

"Can I come in?" Suna asked, cracking the door open and peeking her head through the gap.

Kaya sighed, keeping his head downcast as he said, "It's your room as well."

"I... Of course it is but I want to make sure you're okay. If you want to be alone, I will leave you alone but I don't think you should be alone right now," Suna rambled as she tried to hide her concern from her husband.

"Suna... I'm alright. Really," Kaya's voice cracked at the last word he spoke as his tears resurfaced.

Suna quickly closed and locked the door before rushing to Kaya's side. She kneeled down in front of him and gently removed her hands from his face so she could see his swollen, red eyes. "Come here," she immediately said and stood up so he could wrap his arms around her waist.

Guided by Suna's hands, Kaya buried his face into her torso. Suna, not caring about her blouse getting wet by his tears, continued to run her fingers through his hair, lightly massaging the base of his neck to help with releasing tension.

"I'm here for you. Everything will be alright," Suna said, trying to be calm for her husband.

Kaya simply tightened his arms around her waist, keeping his head pressed against her belly.

"D-Do you want to talk about it?" Suna hesitantly asked. She recalled how she saw Nükhet talking to herself outside of their room before she went in. "Is your mother...is she okay?"

Kaya contemplated how he should answer Suna's question. He could tell her the truth, more than what he'd told her the last time he talked about his childhood. But the last thing he wanted to be was pitied. He felt pitiful his entire life and seeing his wife become someone who felt that way for him too was something he couldn't bear. "Suna, don't worry about me. Go and resume your dinner. I'll join in a few minutes," he said, detachedly.

Suna furrowed her brows as she heard what Kaya said. "Of course, I'll worry about you; you're my husband!" When Kaya remained silent, his head downcast, Suna continued, "Tell me what's on your mind, Kaya. Talk to me."