Spellbound

*Present Time*

"Man, the rest of this summer's gonna eat farts." Steve complained sulking with Y/n, Toby and ARRRGGGGHHHH following not far behind. "Yeah, it is kind of hard to top destroying an alien god." Toby agreed as ARRRGGGGHHHH pat him on the back. "Wingman did good. Proud." The troll chimed in. "But I lost my butt-stomping, ninja-space-angel girlfriend and my creepslaying partner in the same afternoon." He said still not seeing a bright side to things. "Yeah, I felt like that after Jim and Claire and everybody left on their quest-." "Whoa, whoa, whoa, we're talking about my problems here, buttsnack." He cut Toby off.

You tuned them out sighing, you related to Steve somewhat reminded of your best friend who you hadn't seen in centuries. Steve's shrill scream brought you back to reality as you noticed a familiar creature in front of you. "Archie?" You raised an eyebrow. "Whoa! A cat with glasses!" Steve pointed causing you to roll your eyes. "The cat just talked, and you're focused on its eyewear? And Y/n you know it?" Toby turned to you extremely confused about the situation.

"That doesn't matter" You waved the boy off. "Archie what are you doing here?" You questioned making your way to the front, ignoring the group behind you. "Come with me and I'll tell you." He said jumping down signaling for you to follow. "But to put some of it simply, the world as you know it is about to end." He said turning back to your still confused group. "Meow." He licked his paw before continuing to walk. You looked at him weirded out at the unexpected noise coming from him of all people... or familiars.

"Aw not again!" Steve exclaimed starting to scream shaking his head. Your eye twitched before you flicked your wrist f/c magic leaving your hand making its way to Steve's mouth solidifying upon contact. He quickly stopped, muffled protests leaving the boy. "Freak on your own time Steve." You said going after Archie as the spell faded.

"Not cool Y/n, not cool"

*GDT Arcane Books*

"Sorry, this is a lot to process! Pets can talk? The world is ending? Again?" Toby ranted. "Not the best timing, I know, but we need your help all the same" You heard a familiar voice one that brought a small smile to your face even before the owner of it came into view. "Wha- Douxie?!" Toby let out shocked to see the male. "Wai- hold up! I thought you worked at the cafe, or were, like, a model or something." Steve cut in confused and still a little peeved from earlier. Douxie chuckled, his eyes meeting yours as he gave a brief smile before changing his focus to the group once more. "Well there's a lot about me you don't know." He said tapping his bracelet before a blue ball of magic appeared in his hand. He placed his hand on the door, the blue spreading across it before returning to normal.

"Come on, then. The answers to all your questions are within." He opened the door gesturing you all in. "I see some things haven't changed." You said passing him but not without exchanging a certain look. "Ah! There's flying books." Toby pointed out causing the group to look up. You noticed a green aura surrounding them, your face slowly dropping when you noticed their familiarity. "Oh don't tell me-" "Put that down!" Was yelled harshly, cutting you off. "Merlin." You grumbled crossing your arms. "Thank the ether you're here! We haven't a moment to waste." The voice spoke once again as Merlin appeared over the banister. "Though, I had hoped for more, Hisirdoux."

'There he goes again never satisfied' You thought rolling your eyes at the complaints made by your mother's old mentor. You rejoined the conversation watching Toby, Merlin and Steve interact with one another. "Wait, where's Jimbo and Claire? I thought they were with you." Toby asked your eyes widen realizing he was correct. "Yeah, did you not get them first?" You chimed in causing Merlin to turn around. "Ah Y/n, a pleasure as always." He greeted sarcastically. "The feelings mutual, Merlin" You just barely narrowed your eyes at him.