Lady Of The Lake

"Wake up little one." Was heard as you blinked your eyes open. You sat up your mother's warm smile coming into view. "Mom?" You whispered to yourself. She pulled you up and out of the door with no explanation. "Where are we going?" You asked as she opened a portal. The woman didn't respond as she pulled you through the entrance. You both exited stopping in a familiar wood. Your eyes widen upon realizing where you were. "Mom why have you brought me here?" "To simply show you what you should already know." She responded heading towards the edge of the cliff turning to you when she stopped. "That this is your fault." She held her arms out. "Wait mom don't-" You cut off reaching out as she fell backwards. You ran looking over the edge but her body was gone. "You could have saved her." A male voice came from behind you.

You turned horrified as your best friend inched closer. "You have the power you were just too weak and scared to use it." Claire said appearing from behind a nearby tree. "You let your own mother die." Arthur joined the group as well as they backed you closer and closer to the edge. "No I didn't- I didn't mean to." You barely got out tripping as you backed up. "It's all your fault." They chanted getting closer until you were all the way to the edge. "And now you'll pay for it." Douxie spoke before kicking you off as you screamed falling into the abyss.

"NO!" You shot up trying to catch your breath. You looked around the empty room before two knights burst into your room. "Lady Y/n are you ok!" The first one asked as they joined your bedside. You paused regaining your composure. "I need to go." You barely got out before kicking off your covers, hopping out of bed. "Go?! Ma'am you can't just leave!" The second one tried to explain but it was too late, you were already out the door. You made your way to the roof taking in the fresh air as you sat down. "Nightmare?" You turned your head towards the voice to see Douxie walking up to you. "Yea you?" "Couldn't sleep." He said sitting down next to you. "Do you want to talk about it?"

You sighed putting your head on your knees. "They said it was my fault." "They?" You kept quiet not making eye contact. "I froze, I could have helped but I didn't and now my mother is dead." "I mean being trapped in the shadow realm wasn't any better but at least she was alive." You finished, taking a deep breath to avoid crying again. A sudden warmth engulfed you as two arms wrapped around your curled up figure. "I'm sorry Y/n" He apologized, you relaxed after tensing up at the unexpected show of affection. "Its not your fault Doux, it's not-" You choked up slightly pausing as you remembered why you were on the roof in the first place. In that moment something inside of you broke. "It's my fault" You whispered managing to drill that nightmare into your head. The boy looked at you in concern partially making out the small whisper. "Douxie I can't do this anymore, I'm tired." You clutched his chest tightly. "Then rest you need it." He held you close as you cuddled up to him the guilt eating away at you piece by piece.

You two stayed atop the roof for the remainder of the night. It got uncomfortable after awhile but neither of you cared as Douxie comforted you, feeling things he thought he buried long ago.

*Merlin's Tower*

The four teens gathered waiting for Merlin to return. You zoned out as the group around you conversed before Claire said something that caught your attention. "Morgana tried to help me save Jim, but all I saw was anger and darkness. We share the same magic. What does that say about me?" She looked in your direction, you dropped your head as you remembered having similar concerns before. A few seconds later Merlin burst through the door shattered pieces of Excalibur in his arms. "Camelot is in chaos and Arthur is without his blessed weapon to defend it." He placed the bits of the sword on the table. "What's the big deal can't he just buy a new one?" Steve asked and you furrowed your eyebrows giving him a look.

"You saw the sword channel lightning, does it look like it would be on the market?" You rolled your eyes slightly as he rubbed the back of his head. "Without Excalibur, Arthur cannot lead Camelot to war against Gunmar." Merlin chimed in. "Which means the end of humanity." Archie said while you pet him. "And our future. I'll never get us home." Douxie sulked. "And I'll never save Jim. But we can fix this. Right, Douxie?" Claire asked, clutching the book in her arms. You eyed the familiar object. "There's only one who can. Make ready. I must bring Excalibur to the Lady of the Lake." The wizard ordered gathering supplies. "She's real?" Claire questioned. "Very, that's where Merlin got Excalibur the first time." You chimed in watching the two males in front of you. "Maybe... Maybe we can fix this together?" Douxie managed to get out as the older in front of him thought.