History In The Making

There the five were surrounded by knights with swords pointed at their faces. "What manner of Sorcery is this?" The main one asked taking off his helmet. "Sir Lancelot, um-" Douxie paused searching for the correct words. "He's so handsome" Steve gawked looking at the man with starry eyes. "I...we-" Douxie tried to explain but was cut off by Lancelot sticking his sword in the younger's face. "Wait! Aren't you Merlin's errand boy?" Douxie made a face correcting him just to be ignored by the knight turning to you. "And you." He pointed the sword at you next. "Shouldn't you be with your mother?" Claire gave you a confused look as you tried thinking of an excuse when a crack took everyone's attention off of you.

You sighed relieved until an armored hand burst through the crystal behind you causing it to shatter. "What? How did I-" Jim started but was cut off by Claire. "Jim! Are you okay?" "Troll! Troll! To arms!" Lancelot yelled raising his sword before the rest followed. "Wait chill out lads!" Douxie exclaimed getting in front of the other. "Chill out?" Lancelot repeated his tone laced with confusion. "Take a breath he's one of the good ones" Douxie corrected his mistake. "There are no good ones." He pushed the boy out of the way. "Monsters are forbidden in Arthur's lands. You'll hang before the king for your insolence." The older male pointed his sword at a still disoriented Jim. "Whoa, he even talks like an angel. Wait, what's an 'insolence'?" Steve said before yelping, the knights around Lancelot forcing you all off the ground taking you out of the woods.

*The streets of Camelot*

"Let go of me! I want my one phone call!" Steve yelled as he along with Jim and Claire were detained being pulled by a horse with you and Douxie walking alongside. "Careful Steve saying stuff like that around here could get you thrown in a madhouse." You warned making sure the guards didn't hear. "Claire? What happened? What are we doing at a Renn faire?" Jim asked reaching for her but quickly retracted his hand when the sun burned him. "We're prisoners in the, uh, Dark Ages. I'd say Mid 12th century, with no way home." Douxie chimed in. "Well it could be worse." You spoke trying to find the positive side of things. "Worse? Jim has a shard of evil magic in his chest!" Claire gestured at the darkened shard while looking at you in shock. "Actually, I'm still hurt, but it feels different somehow." Jim clarified. Douxie sped up getting closer to the cage examining the young troll's chest. "Mordrax's miracles, he's right! When we jumped back in time, it must have frozen the corruption in place." He pointed. "See like I said could be worse."

"Seems I missed a lot. Don't you work at the cafe?" Jim asked pointing at the blue haired male. "Part time. And thanks for always tipping, by the way." "He's Merlin's apprentice, long story." Claire explained. "And Y/n you disappeared after we defeated Morgana. Where have you been?" "Longer story." You said a little too quickly. Douxie gave you a look of sympathy after noticing how your expression changed. "Open the gate! We have foreigners awaiting judgment for King Arthur." A knight yelled before the gates opened, you all being brought inside once they were fully up.

The doors to the throne room were opened as you all walked in stopping in front of king Arthur himself and technically your uncle. You gulped when  Lancelot stepped forward, kneeling. "Here are the trespassers, my lord." He spoke causing Arthur to narrow his eyes at the group in front of him. "A troll? I thought I made it clear, your kind are unwelcome when I banished you all from the realm."

"Don't you mean betrayed?" Your eyes widened not in shock but in disbelief as the voice you never thought you would hear again fell on your ears. You watched the woman who raised you walk into the room defending troll kind like you've always known her to do. "Morgana." Claire growled out advancing towards the woman but Douxie pulled her back. You felt a slight sting in your chest as you watched the closeness of the two but ignored it. "You gave the woods to enchanted creatures like these. You'd break that vow?" Your mother questioned gesturing to Jim. "These beasts care not, especially not this spy of Gunmar's!" Arthur exclaimed pointing his sword at Jim causing Morgana to huff. "Stop calling me a beast!" Jim yelled trying to stand but was quickly pushed back down. "Your Highness, ahem, it's good to see you again." Douxie intervened his voice cracking slightly.