a special announcement

"Dude, just fly on over. What's the big deal? You miss Liz, don't you?"

"Of course I do, ya fuckin' cunt. But I don't see the point in me wasting the time or the money to fly all the way to bloody America for two days when she's just going to be coming back here soon, anyway."

"Pac, please? We wouldn't ask if it wasn't important."

"If it's that important, why not just tell me now?"

"Just trust us. It's something you'll want to hear in person."

"I'm looking at both of you right now. That's why these video calls exist, so that injured bastards such as myself don't have to fly across the fucking globe to talk to people."

"You are the most stubborn motherfucker I have ever met. Can't you just trust us on this?"

"Am I being stubborn or am I being reasonable?"

"Stubborn."

"Way too fucking stubborn."

"Ah, well, now I'm definitely not doing it."

It had taken a week for Elizabeth, Maxine, and Hangman to convince Pac to fly over and join them in the United States.

The moment that Maxine and Hangman had first told Elizabeth that they had big news to share with her and Pac, her mind had begun to run rampant with possibilities as to what it could be. However, every attempt that Elizabeth made to try and get an answer out of her friends was always met with the same response:

Not without Pac.

With most reasonable requests, Elizabeth could usually get her boyfriend to agree to them with the right amount of begging. Pac wasn't as cruel of a man as he liked to portray himself as, especially not in matters where she was concerned, but as Hangman and Maxine had said, he was stubborn.

Pac didn't like traveling to America when he didn't feel as though he absolutely had to. Since his most recent injury had occurred back at the end of July, nearly four months ago, he had only left the United Kingdom once and that was just so that he and Elizabeth could spend a few days with Sami. With All In occurring at Wembley Stadium, Pac had been able to support his girlfriend and their friends at the biggest event in pro wrestling history without having to travel too far.

Whatever news Hangman and Maxine had to share with them, Pac had continued to stubbornly argue, was surely something that they could tell him over a video chat. He had even gone as far as to suggest that Hangman and Maxine fly over to Newcastle with Elizabeth, though he did admit that wasn't really a good idea, seeing as it would involve more people traveling than if he himself just flew over.

Eventually, though, Pac had relented and agreed to join Elizabeth, Hangman, and Maxine in the states the day before that week's Dynamite taping. Elizabeth hadn't left him alone about it, pestering him day and night as she was filled with a burning curiosity (and, to some degree, fear) about what the big, important news that Hangman and Maxine had to share with them was.

Of course, Pac was curious about it, too. By the time he had finally agreed to just pack his bags and board the plane, Hangman and Maxine's announcement had been privately billed as larger than anything Tony Khan could ever come up with.

Whatever it was, it was so incredibly important that Maxine wasn't even willing to tell Elizabeth about it without having Pac there. As long as Pac had known Elizabeth, she and Maxine had told one another everything, so for Maxine to be holding out on something like this, it had to be big.